TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:14 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: 90 XFI $800
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:08 am 

I was just looking at the site for my local pick-and-pull and saw that they have a 90 xfi advertised for $800. Google Chesterfield Autoparts Richmond VA, click the "...-home" listing, click the uppermost circle "CAP Chesterfield Autoparts." On the left hand side of the resulting page click the 3rd item down "CAP Cars for Sale." This brings up a page with a listing for the Geo and links to about 4 pictures of it. If you click on the "stock number" link you get an email page that lets you ask questions to which they'll email a reply. I have'nt seen the car so I don't know its condition, but generally the only complete cars they sell are running cars that they get as kidney foundation donations. Otherwise, the car goes to the yard for parting out. Prices are usually somewhat negotiable. If I had any extra cash at all, I'd be down there checking it out.

Except as a customer I'm in no way associated with CAP, but I've been happily buying cheap parts there for about 10 years. Their parts prices are really good. Today their inventory shows 5 metros (an 89, a 96. and 3 97's) on the parts lot. Their sister lot, Circle Auto Recycling, a half hour down intersnake 95 in Petersburg shows 4 more ( 2 93's, a 96, and a 97). If someone's close enough it might be worth the drive.

If you're pulling parts at CAP and something's too big or difficult, ask around for Bubba. He's an older black guy who makes a living there pulling parts for other people. (He does'nt work for CAP either.) He's knowledgable enough, and honest enough, to let you know if a part is worth pulling, and his labor prices are reasonable. I've known him a long time and I'd like to throw some business if I can.

Post subject: Re: 90 XFI $800
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:48 pm 

Hey is there any way you can check the car out next time you are there,I'am 100 percent serious but live 6 hours away I called the guy he wasnt too helpful.If somebody who knows these cars give me the thumbs up it's as good as sold.
Thanks
Sean