TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:45 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:20 pm 

Anyone wanna buy a moldy one.....look at the layer on the steering wheel :mrgreen:
He could have at least cleaned it up a little B4 he got so high he decided it was worth $3200 :huh:
Anyway, here she is in all it's glory....

http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/cto/4373300341.html

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:21 pm 

Sorry, i thought i was on the C/L thread.....please move mods!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:19 pm 

Hahahah 48 mpg! Yeah right...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:10 pm 

The interior other than the steering wheel is actually really good. I wish it was closer and the price was a bit less.

Boxed Rear Control Arms
Super Pro Poly Bushings
Genie Header
Nissan Intake Manifold
2 1/4" Exhaust
Turbine Tech Underbody Brace
Honda CRX Front Brake Calipers

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:56 pm 

$3200? Seriously....

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 pm 

well lately these cars have been going up in price . i do remember a guy from cali with a swift that was like new . and was asking like 6k a good 4 years ago and it was top notch even though he was called crazy and ridiculed here. beyond the fact that the car was a 100% with the rare Suzuki body kit only available through the dealer and also discontinued, even though that was a very long time ago he did drop it down to 4k and still laughed at . but not one person did say how much the gt was worth in that condition . both cars i paid for 1k and a few hundred more did not have 3/4 of what that swift was selling for but i figured it would cost me a other 5k with the interior paint job and a other 2k with the engine mods he had to get too the standard and looks of that laughed at swift. not to hate but we need to value these cars :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:21 am 
Suzuki Elder

everybody loves a bargain, that's true.

a recent rear ending of my beloved white 92 gt gave me a good hard look at reality. the blue book value that the crash adjuster used was $1619 for a fairly non-molested gt that had a bunch of hours into rust remediation.

if the damage was estimated at 90% of the book value, the car would be totaled. i sort of challenged the guy to find another one in similar condition for the $1619 to replace mine. he pulled up a half dozen swift gt cars priced between $800 and $1500 but they would have required transport to my area and some had noticeable rust damage.

personally, i think that $3200 is a stretch on the craigslist car being discussed. i would think that a gt priced like that would have all the good toys and be in tip top shape mechanically and cosmetically.

My Turbo3 Project
My Cardomain Page -Ol' Blue
My YouTube Channel
My Photo Gallery
SAAB Sonett II

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:10 am 

t3 ragtop wrote:
everybody loves a bargain, that's true.

a recent rear ending of my beloved white 92 gt gave me a good hard look at reality. the blue book value that the crash adjuster used was $1619 for a fairly non-molested gt that had a bunch of hours into rust remediation.

if the damage was estimated at 90% of the book value, the car would be totaled. i sort of challenged the guy to find another one in similar condition for the $1619 to replace mine. he pulled up a half dozen swift gt cars priced between $800 and $1500 but they would have required transport to my area and some had noticeable rust damage.

personally, i think that $3200 is a stretch on the craigslist car being discussed. i would think that a gt priced like that would have all the good toys and be in tip top shape mechanically and cosmetically.

I agree I think the price is a bit on the high side, for that much money that car should really look more like this one. http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/4374749039.html which is mint, and probably unfortunately still on the high side for these cars. It's crazy, but to get one to as good as shape, it would cost at least as much if not more than the difference between buying this high priced one vs a cheap one that was beat to heck, plus you'll have a ton of hours sunk into it. The one I bought for $1500 I already have probably over $2000 more into it, and it was in pretty decent shape when I got it, and it still isn't as mint as this one yet cosmetically. It does have quite a few more bells and whistles though so there is that.

Boxed Rear Control Arms
Super Pro Poly Bushings
Genie Header
Nissan Intake Manifold
2 1/4" Exhaust
Turbine Tech Underbody Brace
Honda CRX Front Brake Calipers

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:47 am 

The other car in portland is really nice looking, but has a salvaged title. In my opinion a car that has been in 2 front end collisions is de-valued and only worth 2 grand tops no matter how clean it is!