TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:21 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:00 pm 

I am selling a 1991 Suzuki Swift Hatchback in Tucson, AZ. $1200. It runs pretty good. AC doesn't work. AC didn't work when my dad had it. Mileage is 162,359 miles. (Mileage shows 62,359 as you know. Dad only drove it in the winters in Tucson due to no AC but heater works great. They drove the other car in the summer. I haven't driven it much in the last 5 years (months will go by without my driving it) as mostly I've been using my mom's car to take her to dialysis and the cancer dr. Hence the low mileage for the 23 years.)

It does have an oil leak (someone said it is time to replace the head gasket). Windshield does have a linecrack but it has been that way since I got it and doesn't leak. I have had the car for more than 5 years. My dad had it for years before that and bought it from the original owner. Driver's seat shows a lot of wear and tear but I have a seat cover over it (my mom made the seat cover backs so they are floral). You need to keep a seat cover on as the vinyl on the driver's seat has torn apart and exposed the foam. The back hatch won't stay up so I keep a metal rod in the back and use it to prop the hatchback open. Mostly body is ok but has a few minor dents. Mostly no rust (except at the line near the top where the black tape or whatever you call it came off.) Black lining on windows and doors still there (although the black lining is starting to come off on driverside door). The backseat is fairly good shape and goes up and down and still locks into place when up. The only problem is unlocking the backseat to bring it down, the little plug that you pull up has broken off on one side so I have to use a needlenose to pull it up when I want it down). the handle to pop the hood broke off so I made a handle with wire and tape. The latch on back window on passenger side has broken and should be replaced.

I really love the car. Mileage is great and I used to drive from San Fran bay area to Tucson for $60 one way when gas was like now at $3.30. However, due to my mother's health I have to stay in Tucson and don't need a 2nd car.

If you are in AZ, I passed emissions in Nov.

Pics are at craigslist: http://tucson.craigslist.org/cto/4435215235.html