TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:47 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: sold
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:15 pm 

Now parting out, see thread here:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=58428

I bought a new project, so I have to get rid of one to keep Mrs. airwerks happy. This was to be my autocross / track day car (that’s why it’s gutted) but now I’ll have to make do with my Colt for that purpose….

Going to try to sell it whole for now, I’ll give it a couple weeks and I’ll part it out if no one wants it as is.

3k miles on engine refresh (hot tank, new bearings / seals / gaskets / timing belt). Done 2 years ago… car doesn’t get driven much.

Mobil 1 Synthetic at all times.

3M windshield urethane filled motor mounts (all 3). You will keep your teeth fillings, but lose the use of your kidneys.

Tighe BD10 Cams. Nice and lumpy, included a video. They are just starting to come on at the factory 7600 RPM redline and could really use a chip to let them breath (should be good for around 9k RPM)

Aluminum radiator

No name cone filter / adapter

Grant GT faux carbon fiber steering wheel

94 Sway bars (larger than the 89’s)

Cut springs to lower

ACT 6 puck clutch (20k miles). Love this clutch.

GT 5 speed, no grinding or noises. Shifts fine.

Resurfaced flywheel (3k miles)

Genie header (rusty). Currently not leaking but I’ve had to weld up cracks 2x now in 3k miles so it’s only a matter of time before it leaks again.

2.5” exhaust, flowmaster 3 chamber and side out. Too loud for me, but when I had it on my last car (that was turbo’d) it sounded perfect. Plan was to turbo this one too so I left it on.

15” SWT (Suzuki works techno) wheels. Required hub center machining as they were initially designed for an Aerio. Best looking wheels on a GT IMHO, never seen another with them on it. 195/45R15 tires, in various states of wear from 20% left to 60% left. 3 Toyo Proxes T1R and 1 other.

Changed over to 94 tails and dash / instrument cluster.

Car is gutted. I drove it to work all the time in the summer time, but many won’t like it. No heater core, no rear wiper motor, absolutely no interior, the only dash is the top shell (I sawzalled the bottom off) and speedo cluster. No fan. No headliner. Removed lavish extravagant capitalist pig wiring that was no longer used. Motorcycle battery. Tar board chipped out of interior floor. No hatch struts. No shift knob. Getting the point? :D 1480 lbs at the local truck scale.

$2200 as it sits, or $1900 with the stock cams reinstalled.

Bad:
Wiper motor makes some gravely noises. Has since I bought it but keeps working…. So I haven’t replaced it.
With the motorcycle battery, it doesn’t like starting below 50* or so….
Bitch is loud.
Right rear turn signal doesn’t work, socket is rusty. I’ve been trying to pick up a replacement tail light harness but no luck so far.
Oil pump is leaking a decent bit. Bugs me as it’s a new gasket and torqued to the FSM specs.
Trans leaks a little too.

I also have some parts I'm getting rid of, see link here:http://www.teamswift.net/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=58296

Exhaust video:

Last edited by airwerks on Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:31 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:38 am 

ill drive my mustang up there. park it in your driveway and drive this little lady home. :D

1993 Geo Metro LSi
1994 Toyota Pickup

My Car Club Website. Check out Videos of my Swift and all the other Cars in my Club.
http://www.youtube.com/simplexcreationz

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:35 pm 

I have a deal with the wife..... my car quota is 4..... if I exceed it she gets to exceed her animal quota and that's a slippery slope. :D

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:19 pm 

lol I understand that. I only get 2. but she might like its. a red convertible lol

1993 Geo Metro LSi
1994 Toyota Pickup

My Car Club Website. Check out Videos of my Swift and all the other Cars in my Club.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:22 pm 

Nope. I have the fun little cars / jeeps. She drives a 3/4 ton Ram and doesn't want anything else. :D

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:45 pm 

I guess I am lucky my wife says if she can't see it from the house it is ok with her. right now I have 5 that are not drivable at the shop and 6 registered to drive for 4 of us at my home!I got married 22 years ago and same year planted a row of cedar trees behind my house. hehe

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:47 pm 

nice hotrod lol you lucky

1993 Geo Metro LSi
1994 Toyota Pickup

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:01 pm 

parting it out now, see first post for linky

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:09 pm 

Hi,

Are the seats for sale, as seen in one of the pictures? If so are they in good condition? Do you have a price in mind?

I am in Portland and can pick them up; so no shipping to worry about.

Please let me know.

Thanks.

Post subject: sold
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:31 am 

Almost everything is gone now, just some parts left. See the link in the first post for what is left.