TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:56 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: 1987 Sprint in SoCal
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:31 am 

I have a turbo sprint that was converted over to a Suzuki Forza by the previous owner.

It came with a 3 cylinder turbo engine, now it has a 4 cylinder 1.3L DOHC Suzuki engine. Engine is super reliable and one of the easiest ones to work on. The only thing I have done since I've gotten the car is oil change, spark plugs, air filter, added a catalytic to pass smog, changed out the springs so it wasn't so stiff. Has many mods done by the previous owner, including headers, exhaust work, crane cams ignition, and some body mods as you can see. All mods are tastefull(in my opinion).

The car is made to be on the track. Its a little go cart with some pep. Interior is semi gutted, no back seats, no carpet, no headliner.

Cons: Front windshield is cracked, but I have been driving like that since I've gotten it. Was qouted anywhere between $160(in LA) to $260 here in OC to replace the windshield. Have been driving it around for the past 5-6 months with no problem. Body is not perfect and has dings and scratches. No AC. Driver side window rolls down but is a little stiff. Starter sometimes doesn't turn over on first click, but will turn over. I think this is just because the PO put a smaller battery in that doesn't have enough cranking amps. Has never, not started on me. Does need a distributor to camshaft seal, unless you don't mind the minor oil leak. I never changed it because it didn't bother me.

Currently registered and tags up to date, no fees, or BS, title in hand. Will pass smog numbers with flying colors(have paper work to prove). Will not pass visual, so its up to you to smog.

This is a awesome little ride that nobody else has. Great to commute with and then bring to autocross events on the weekend. This is not a show car but a fun car to drive. Get in and go, turn key and ready to drive.
Asking $3500. Selling this to get a bigger ride for a daily. Located in Orange County, CA.

Post subject: Re: 1987 Sprint in SoCal
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:53 am 

Dang where did you get those rims from?

Post subject: Re: 1987 Sprint in SoCal
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:07 pm 

Back up for sale. $2900 because the clutch is reaching it's end. Can still drive fine, but I recommend it is changed soon.