TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:06 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: 1990 Geo Metro XfI
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:04 am 

Hello! I am selling my old Geo. It has 250k miles (approx) on it, and has never had the engine or transmission taken apart. I recently had a new clutch installed, and the timing belt is about 1/2 way through it's lifetime. It has always had Mobil One extended performance oil, which was changed about every 10k miles (this oil is guaranteed for 15k). Also recently had the distributor rebuilt, and had a fresh set of plugs installed. Wires, cap and rotor are Carquest and are lifetime warranty items as well.

I just had a brand new set of Toyos installed. Has 13 inch rims with special lug bolts so they work right. I also have a set of 12 inch rims with Hankook studded snow tires on them which should be good for a few more seasons (although I never know when one will "bubble". I've never been able to really wear one of them out. They all develop "bubbles" eventually, but these are all I could get in 12 inch here in springfield, OR).

The bad:

1. Paint is badly fading.
2. Driver side fender needs replacing (thanks to an overzealous deer who ran into it from the side).
3. Has a rattle on rough roads that I have never been able to find, and have had a mechanic look at it several times. We replaced the engine AND transmission mounts. And the axles.
3. Leaks when it rains. This is really irritating. I just recently tried sealing the back and front windshields with the really expensive stuff Olson Auto Glass uses (Eugene, OR) and it SEEMS not to be leaking, but no promises. Door switches (for the dome light) don't work as a result of water damage.
4. Neither window will roll up properly. I know there are fixes for that, but I don't want to take the doors apart and risk damaging the doorhandles inside or outside. Those are really hard to find and the driver side one is already repaired. I use a suction cup for the driver side. That comes with the car too.
5. Rear springs are pretty flat, but I installed long rubber snubbers that snake into the coils and that actually works pretty well.
6. Engine has a lot of miles on it, but it always starts and runs. I drove this car for eight years, and my commute is 62 miles each way.
7. Both doors need to have the upper hinges rebushed or replaced (if you can find them) and the doors rehung. The door panels are loose (duct tape didn't work very well).

The car now averages around 44 mpg. I used to get close to 60 before the formulation changed with the advent of alcohol addition.

I have not shampooed the seats (coffee stains on the passenger one) nor washed or vacuumed the car.

Asking $1200 or best offer. I have pictures and a short video showing the engine running if you want to see them. I live in springfield, OR so plan accordingly.

Car is being sold AS IS. It's old. It is NOT on Craigs List until I am sure none of you guys want this old thing.

Thanks, Jim Darrough

1994 Chevy Z71 pickup (250k miles) (also for sale)