TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:37 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Who wants a gift car?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:12 am 

Long story short, I am not able to fix up and use my Swift. It has been parked for almost 5 years now, been in and out of my garage and a few others. Since February it has lived on my driveway, and I don't have anywhere to put it come the winter this year. So, I would like to gift it to a member on here. They can turn it back into a daily driver, just use it for parts, or any thing else they want. It was my daily driver from January '01 until November '09 at which point I intended to turn this into an autocross car, but had some unexpected health problems that have since progressed.

It has the mods listed in my sig. I have some generic 100w/80w 9004's, and some misc gaskets left from the kit for when I put the 3tech head on it. I have another cam gear (stock, I think) and the factory pulley with the AC belt groove that weighs over a kilo more then the 3tech. I also have some now very old winter tires, and some even older all seasons you can take if you like. Otherwise I will just dispose of them however you are supposed to do that now (they have been sitting in one of my sheds for almost six years.)

Last time I turned it over and drove it out of my garage, I blew one/some/all of the oil rings (figures, as it was the one time I didn't manually turn it over a few times first with some oil put through the spark plug holes). I have the following parts for it, that you get with the car:
*Note - All Part Numbers are from 2009, some are out of date or show other uses now. I just copy pasted from a file I had and deleted the few outdated links*
Altrom Part numbers:
Control Arm Bushing 103 3610 (x2)
Control Arm w/Joint 101 3602
Control Arm w/Joint 101 3603
Rear Control Rod 103 3601 (x2)
Control Arm Bushing 103 3611 (x2)
Timing Belt Tensioner 60103
Contitech Timing Belt TB 4241

Goodyear Hoses:

NGK Copper Plugs ('09 Stock number 4872) (x3)

Stant Thermostat (the installed one is stuck)13849
Raybestos Shoes 608PG
Autosense Generic White box Brand Drums (outdated Bendix number 140573)
Koyo Wheel Bearings with Altrom Part numbers:895 (x2) and 896 (x2)
A Speedi-Bleed Kit that came with the wrong pressure caps, so I never used it.
Along with 3 bottles of 75-90 Synthetic

If you are going to fix up and use the car, I would replace the fuel pump as it was very noisy the last few times it ran. I would not drive it, anywhere. It should get a tow from my place. I would rather not even turn it over, as it will just cause more damage. The rad hoses are very far gone, the top one was bulging the last day I used the car as a daily driver. Along with the ring issue (bits came out when I changed the oil after it was ran in February), so I over filled the oil to try and prevent any more seizing issues from not running the motor. It has a newer battery, under two years old but for a different car. I do not know the group type off the top of my head. It is a Costco brand that someone I knew bought without looking, and couldn't return as they lost the receipt.

The fuel gauge has never worked since I have owned the car, along with the temperature gauge. The rad fan is unplugged, I drove it in the last few days to and from my work that way because it would never turn off once the thermostat stuck (a 7-10 minute drive). The rear wheel bearings were noisy, and the drums were warped. The steering wheel would shimmy back and forth above 90k but it would track straight, hence the front end parts. Just some FYI, the springs I got from LTLSU are very very stiff. Stiffer then Eibach's, almost too stiff for a daily driver.

I will update this with a few pictures, if there is interest.

'94 Suzuki Swift g10 3tech stuff:Port&Polish,225/355 cam,11:1 CR, SS valves,+10 Cam gear,underdrive; K&N intake; LTLSU's Custom racing springs with Monroe struts (2" lower front, 0.5" lower back); 185/55/R14 Kumho Ecsta SPT tires on Eagle 040 rims; Stripped out interior and removed AC system

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:10 am 

I wish I was closer I need those springs to complete my set!!! I only have the rear LTSU springs.

Boxed Rear Control Arms
Super Pro Poly Bushings
Genie Header
Nissan Intake Manifold
2 1/4" Exhaust
Turbine Tech Underbody Brace
Honda CRX Front Brake Calipers

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:56 pm 

Pictures:

Sorry, I didn't think about downsizing them until after I uploaded them.

'94 Suzuki Swift g10 3tech stuff:Port&Polish,225/355 cam,11:1 CR, SS valves,+10 Cam gear,underdrive; K&N intake; LTLSU's Custom racing springs with Monroe struts (2" lower front, 0.5" lower back); 185/55/R14 Kumho Ecsta SPT tires on Eagle 040 rims; Stripped out interior and removed AC system

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:59 pm 

Pictures won't load for me

95 geo metro. 1.3L auto parts car. (Scrap)
91 chevy sprint turbo, blueboy keeping it "stock"

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:32 pm 

I will try another image host later tonight.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:40 am 

i also wish was closer !!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:36 am 

I can see the pictures, but I could last time as well. I have used lookpic for the image host this time.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:44 am 
@ssclown

I'm real close to you, can you wait until this Saturday (october24) for me to come and pick it and all the parts up? I have a 94 swift and can use the parts but I'd like to get the car you have running too.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:35 am 

I have been talking with redneck racing already, but if he ends up not wanting it you are the next in line coaster. Thanks for the interest. Did we meet years ago at the last Seattle meet Kris went to?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:46 am 
@ssclown

I haven't been to Seattle since the early 80s. Did redneck racing take the car?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:19 am 

Logistics are being figured out. He does I tend to, I will post an update when there is one. Thanks for the interest.