TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:54 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:06 pm 
Suzuki Elder

i'm ready to list this project car for sale. i need to thin the herd a little bit going into winter.

if you followed my project thread, this car got new rockers and floors last year. i used fatmat on the floors. the very clean interior is box stock except for a 91 shifter and the suzuki parts group sheep skin seat covers on the front. this car has good heat, no ac option.

i installed a new clutch when i first got the car. the engine runs great. i installed a new timing belt about 6 months ago. there are many powder coated parts under the hood and it has a fabricated induction set, cone filter and micro pore filter sock.

i went through the brakes a few months ago and installed a new left front brake caliper with a braided brake hose. a new right front caliper will go with the car along with the other 3 braided brake hoses.

i rebuilt the suspension in the spring with kyb gr2 struts, new control arms/ ball joints, and very rare calmini customs springs. the exhaust was new a few months ago as well and runs a vintage ansa twinspout tip.

i used glass headlights, clear euro corner lights, and led front turn signals. the car rides on rare suzuki 7 spoke wheels which i had powder coated and kumho tires that are in great shape. there's a 3 year old sony head unit, am/fm, cd, remote and removable faceplate, and new speakers front and rear installed with a new antenna, ready to roll.

overall, the car is in very good mechanical condition and doesn't look bad but the paint is old and there is some rust at the tops of the rear wheel wells that needs to be taken care of. i replaced all of the locks, everything is keyed alike and works. a kid tagged my rear bumper early this year and put a 2" split in the rear bumper on the left side. it isn't bad and i never took the time to reset the bumper but it isn't a hard repair, maybe an hour total. i just had too many other projects this summer to deal with it.

i'd like to recover the money i have in parts with the wheels and tires alone being half my asking price of $2500.

this car is in turn key, drive away condition with a clean, correct title and 118,000 miles. drive this car home. :thumb

My Turbo3 Project
My Cardomain Page -Ol' Blue
My YouTube Channel
My Photo Gallery
SAAB Sonett II

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:29 pm 
Island Inbreeder

WOW this has to be the buy of the year
the parts and man hours alone
good luck on the sale....jv&s

t3 ragtop wrote:
the 3 banger isn't at all a "grenade." it's a tough little son of a bitch doing a big job. respect it.
suprf1y wrote:
I didn't save anything.Vehicles are to me, like little boys are to Tommy.Toys to be abused for my own personal pleasure.
jrjd wrote:
"Driving a Swift GTi is like driving a bike in your house".

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:19 pm 

I'm not in a position to do anything at this moment, But I am curious, Is this car still for sale? as my son (The one with more money then brains, But that is another story :thwack: :thwack: :thwack: ) was telling me the other day how he misses his 89 GTI (the one I still have sitting out back with a rusted out A-frame mount) and would you sell it sans wheels and tires,If so how much?? Thanks Jonathan

1991 Vert (red) 129k 5sp,AC, Resto-Mod, 75% Done.(Clean SW car)
1993 GT(Teal) 103k 5sp,AC,w/PW (Resto-Mod,60% done.)(Clean SW car)
1994 Swift GS 4Dr sedan (Painted 2005 Ford Kona Blue) 95k 1.3 SOHC 5sp

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:01 pm 
Suzuki Elder

this car was shipped to it's new owner 2 weeks ago. :wink:

he paid me for it 6 weeks ago and then made transport arrangements.

My Turbo3 Project
My Cardomain Page -Ol' Blue
My YouTube Channel
My Photo Gallery
SAAB Sonett II

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:03 pm 

Story of my life: Day late and (More Often) A Dollar short. So The Big question is, Did it Stay in The (Teamswift) family or did it (Ugh !! I can hardly Bare to consider even the possibility :( :( ) Find a home outside of our clan? Jonathan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:02 pm 

New owner is a geo metro forum member may be a member here to.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:10 pm 

Ah: Another convert to the dark side. (Insane laughter sounding in the backround) Jonathan

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]