TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:16 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:09 pm 

Howdy folks. Car is sold, but I am really psyched it is going to a good home. To a TeamSwift member! Congrats man, enjoy it!

Well I have loved owning my GTi for the last 6 years, but it is time to let her go. My cravings are now in older Japanese cars, and my Datsun 510 needs more love. You can read my history of ownership here: http://www.teamswift.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=38892

I've haven't used the car in the last year, and I hate to see it sitting. Car was my fair weather driver. Clear Title in my name. Still registered and insured. Always parked for winters. Has 157,125 on the clock, and in the 6 years I've owned her I've put less that 8,000 miles in it. Never crashed to my knowledge or the prior owners.

-Pretty solid for a New England Swift. Took a pic of any rust I could see, which is basically a little bubbling over the rear fender and a spot on the inner rocker wall next to your clutch foot. Some underneath along the driver rocker seam as well, but no gaping holes you can put a finger through. Would be very hard to find one this clean in New England. (Heck they're about impossible to find here ever. Took me 3 years to find this one, LOL.)

-Engine: Runs and Drives great when warm. Classic cold start issues: 1 Noisy Lifters on start up, which goes away pretty fast. 2. The usual wandering idle issue when cold, again not an issue when warm. Car has never left me stranded.

-Muffler: Practically new.

-Trans: Replaced by a shop by prior owner at about 130K mi. Synchromesh fluid. Normally shifts fine for me with the occasional buzz dropping from 3rd to 2nd, which might be driver error too, lol. I still have the old trans for parts.

-Brakes: stop the car fine, but are crusty and I imagine could use new pads and rotors from sitting.

-Electrical: All good when last driven. Battery isn't holding charge after sitting for a year so you will probably need a new one.

-Emergency Brake: cable needs replacing. It is for this reason only that the car failed MA inspection. Other than that it was golden.

-Interior: Great shape, but I took it out of the car to make it uninviting to any mice who might fancy living in it, and to keep up on any water that may get in after a downpour. But you can see the shape of the floors. I have all of it in great shape, including the carpet, which is in poor shape, but you could use it for a pattern.

-Exterior: Cracked bumper. Cracked taillamp. Dents, Dings, Faded paint, antenna broken. Fog lights never worked for me. Driver door scrapes the lower jamb a lil on opening. Passenger door handle/lock needs some jiggling to open once and a while. Passenger window is a pain to roll down. Rear hatch is on one strut currently. Stock rims. Tires have good tread.

UPDATE: Charged the battery and car runs pretty well. I have video. So after doing a quick survey, and factoring in the New England location, I'd now like $1800 (Maybe a discount for long time team swift members, cause I'd know it was going to a good home. PM me). Would think about a trade for a small pickup. Something that could be a daily driver and pass inspection. Maybe a classic motorcycle, or metal fabrication equipment.

Last edited by Fisch on Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:59 pm, edited 6 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:34 pm 

Hi
Please where are you exactly located?
Thanks.
Please send me your phone number to call you.
Best regards.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:44 pm 

Almasinmortales1972 wrote:
Hi
Please where are you exactly located?
Thanks.
Please send me your phone number to call you.
Best regards.

Car is in Belchertown MA. Sent you a PM with the PH#, Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:29 pm 

Up on CL. http://westernmass.craigslist.org/cto/4741742421.html

And here is a photo of the passenger fender and its door ding.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:41 pm 

Is this car still for sale? PM me back. I'm located in south jersey and miss my turbo sprint. Let me know.

OnepointO

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:40 pm 

Got her running with a battery charge. Price above reflects my CL price. Took some video. I have some trades/sale at full asking price pending locally via CL, but let me know if you want to be contacted if they fall through.

Cold Start. Actually sounds better than usual after sitting. Go figure.

Idle

Interior tour while car idles.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:01 pm 

Sold, to a team swift member! So psyched it is staying in the family!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:46 pm 

Thanks again Scott! Couldn't be happier. Its running awesomely!

Nate L.

OnepointO-(Hmm, that does't make since anymore...)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:05 pm 
Teamswift Racer

Sorry to see you go from this little community, any swift inspired art you'd like to share with us before you depart Fisch?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:14 am 

Dattman wrote:
Sorry to see you go from this little community, any swift inspired art you'd like to share with us before you depart Fisch?

LOL man I am already missing that swift, but i really don't think it could have gone to a better home. It is almost like I was caretaking it for Nathan all these years. (At least that is what my wife is saying to comfort me.)

I do hope to do some Swift art someday soon. And you know I will post it here!

Thanks again Nathan for just about the most awesome care selling experience one could ever hope for.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:10 pm 

Hey man it has been awesome! And the car is working out great. I'm going to be giving some love to the suspension soon which should be a blast and I will keep you up to date with how all of it goes. And of course I will post plenty in the forum so everyone can watch the progress on the swift.

Nate L.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]