TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:01 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:12 pm 

Giving enthusiasts the first shot at owning this gem.

This is a rare beast to say the least. Over the two years I've owned this car, I have rebuilt most of it and have sorted out all the issues it had. It is my current daily driver and does a great job.

-full pontiac firefly turbo drivetrain swap. parts combined form several parts cars to come up with the best parts.
-green "turbo" light, lights up on dash when you boost :)
-lowered on h&r springs with new aftermarket shocks during install. camber bolts in front
-oem functional hood scoop and oem rear wing off firefly turbo
-custom urethane front lip that wont shatter if you touch a curb
-everything works and has functional boost gauge in console.
-has an inverter in the truck that supplies 120V to a custom stereo setup (just plug in your smartphone or device and you got entertainment)
-engine was freshly rebuilt when I right before I bought it. maybe 20k on in since.
-new head gasket, timing belt, tensioner, waterpump, rebuilt alternator, deka agm lightweight battery, new air filter, fresh oil change and coolant
-no issues with how it runs
-blacked out tailights still very visible third brake light is un-tinted
-replaced carpet
-fatmat sound deadening in most of car so much quieter than most metros
-paint/body in ok shape, has some tree sap damage and normal dings and dents from being old, buffed and waxed this year.
-dash is complete but from several cars so some color mismatch, has cupholders!
-later model front vented brakes with new rotors and almost new pads (brakes amazing)
-new front control arms and bearings in the spindles. (2 years ago)
-mazda rx7 lightweight 14" wheels with one year old tires with 70% front and 90% rear (should rotate these front to rear)
-day-time running lights disabled, but great low/high beam functionality
-has hidden kill switch that completely disables the electrical system of car

I've stripped this thing down and cleaned every surface before putting it together. It's very clean. It gets between 33 city and 45 hwy for mileage even when maintaining quick speeds. Turbo pulls strong and with the suspension and wheel tire combo, can safely pass on the freeway up to 85mph or better. Very well balanced car.

I'm sure I will regret selling this thing, but I think someone else may enjoy it more than I. As it sits, it can probably be driven with little attention for 6 months to a year. Doesn't use barely any oil, especially after fixing the oil pan gasket.

Please, only serious enthusiasts who understand the custom nature of this car need contact me. :)

Asking $4000
Located in Seattle, WA area.

Cheers,
P

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:42 pm 

posted to craigslist...

price drop to $3500

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:13 pm 

Good price! But i would not drop any more than that if it was mine. Good luck on your sale.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:48 am 

Hi...curious of several things: any idea of hp and or psi, what type of work it may need that you know of after the 6 months you mentioned, why your selling it, did you find parts extremely hard to find, and any rust..any accident history...any idea of the small amount of oil it is using...I have two 87 sprint turbos that I have ordered and had shipped and sometimes the people list everything good and not mention the other issues...thanks jerry

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:03 pm 

oil usage was the oil pan gasket, since repaired. these cars are old, so things break or get worn so i just say 6 to 12 months before probably addressing SOME issue that might arise, nothing specific i can say there. i haven't had to find parts for the turbo systems. everything works as it should. most parts i've bought were off the shelf geo metro parts.

new radiator wouldn't be a bad idea, but it doesn't overheat or anything. set of rebuilt front calipers would be nice, i'm still running junkyard ones. set of key cylinders so one key opens everything, right now it's driver door and ignition only, everything else opens from inside only. new rubber stoppers for the hatch so it is less prone to rattling a bit over bumps.

no rust, no accidents. runs great.

lots of interest here locally. probably sell it soon. showing it today.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:58 pm 

Short question: why you are using a small batteries?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:12 pm 

I only use one small battery on my geo. It saves like 30lbs off the front of the car, it's AGM, it is sufficient for the tiny 1.0.

I don't need a HUGE reserve, but I still sit in the car with the engine off and the ignition/stereo on for at least 20 mins. a day. Good enough for me. Been that way for over a year. No issues, cranks strong.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:21 pm 

SOLD!

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 7:06 pm 

For sale again!
I bought this car from the original poster. My business is a success and now I want something faster. Nothing wrong with the car, it's in almost the exact same condition it was when I bought it. It still runs great and is a lot of fun. I'll lower the price to$3300.
My name is Dan and I live in Portland OR.
707-223-2511

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 7:56 am 

I know this is a long shot but are you coming to Florida anytime soon?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:19 am 

Car still available? What about rust? What's changed from the pictures above?