TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:36 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:48 pm 

I'm selling my 1988 Chevy Sprint. It runs, but definitely has issues.

The carburetor has needed to be rebuilt for a while now, but it runs fine. It does idle high because of these issues.

The big issue is electrical, I replaced the voltage regulator about 3/4 months ago and it's out again. Also, I believe there is loose wiring effecting dash lights, radio and fan.

I believe the owner before me put the moon roof in and it leaks. I have clear caulk to seal it up, I just haven't gotten around to it.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks.

I'm located in Kent/Covington, WA.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by jessicaperkes on Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:42 pm 

I believe this is rather hard to find sprint-metro (my dad had one and he got a consistent 54 mpg when he lived in Port Orchard Wa.) It would be interesting to find out if this car was originally white Or Blue or what the Vin number is . To verify my thesis... Jonathan

1991 Vert (red) 129k 5sp,AC, Resto-Mod, 75% Done.(Clean SW car)
1993 GT(Teal) 103k 5sp,AC,w/PW (Resto-Mod,60% done.)(Clean SW car)
1994 Swift GS 4Dr sedan (Painted 2005 Ford Kona Blue) 95k 1.3 SOHC 5sp

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:35 pm 

Prairie to Pine Co. wrote:
I believe this is rather hard to find sprint-metro (my dad had one and he got a consistent 54 mpg when he lived in Port Orchard Wa.) It would be interesting to find out if this car was originally white Or Blue or what the Vin number is . To verify my thesis... Jonathan

The VIN is clearly visible in the second picture and indicates a Sprint Metro, as does the front grille.
Maybe you could ask him if the upshift light works on the dash, which would indicate the care it has had.
Sprint Metros did not have factory A/C.
Can you see A/C in the pictures, Jonathan?

Personally, I'd like to know how they changed ONLY the voltage regulator.

:-P

So what's your thesis? :roll:
I'm guessing it has something to do with the pictures posted, and hoping it has nothing to do with moving to California, where picture taking and leaving footprints abounds.
:razz:

And to the original poster:
Nice, basic fuel miser Sprint Metro you've got there.
It is a subset of a very rare automobile and considering your location, I bet there's little to no rust on it.
Take a little time to clean up that sweet little interior. (Lose the oil container, etc.)
She's worth every penny of $950 and once restored to factory trim will achieve over 50 mpg.
It's all about the carburetor on those cars.

Good luck with the sale!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:32 pm 

Looking at the under hood pic and interior pic I would say it was originally white

95 geo metro. 1.3L auto parts car. (Scrap)
91 chevy sprint turbo, blueboy keeping it "stock"

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:07 pm 
Island Inbreeder

The Vin states it an (MS) Plane jane sprint

Wait I see the rear hatch has the very rare V-8 emblem.? :shock:
that is rare for the 1988 chevy sprint
might want to adjust your price accordingly
good luck on your sale.......and welcome to Teamswift
.....jv&s

t3 ragtop wrote:
the 3 banger isn't at all a "grenade." it's a tough little son of a bitch doing a big job. respect it.
suprf1y wrote:
I didn't save anything.Vehicles are to me, like little boys are to Tommy.Toys to be abused for my own personal pleasure.
jrjd wrote:
"Driving a Swift GTi is like driving a bike in your house".

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:16 pm 

thank you Pacapo, I had missed the Vin. I have a binder out in the garage, with the salesman's copy of every invoice for every car I sold while I was in Washington. I sold my dad the car with 51k on it some time in 1991 or 1992. it was white. (as this one is, so kindly pointed out by redneck racing.) it did not have AC when he had it. (I also missed that detail on this one) But did have an aftermarket sunroof. so all the factors and the Wash. Plates, have got my curiosity up. Stay tuned. Jonathan.

Oh and don't worry I doubt seriously there is and danger of my becoming a Californiacator.. The older I get the better I like the peace and quiet of the rural Midwest. where locking our cars outside at night is still not really ness. for the most part.

1991 Vert (red) 129k 5sp,AC, Resto-Mod, 75% Done.(Clean SW car)
1993 GT(Teal) 103k 5sp,AC,w/PW (Resto-Mod,60% done.)(Clean SW car)
1994 Swift GS 4Dr sedan (Painted 2005 Ford Kona Blue) 95k 1.3 SOHC 5sp

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:00 am 

I WANT THAT FRONT GRILLE!!! (sorry for the caps-lock but I've been looking for one since I got mine back in '98).
If by some slim chance I make it out to Washington before you sell it, I've got cash ready for you. I'd take it, problems and all...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:19 pm 

Yes, my car was originally white. The upshift light on the dash does work.

My brother replaced the voltage regulator. He said it's really easy, you undo a couple of screws on the alternator and you can just switch them out.

And yes, it is a rare find, a V8 sprint... :D