TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:03 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:19 pm 

For Sale - 1987 Chevrolet Sprint Turbo. This Chevy Sprint has appeared at the Japanese Classic Car Show in Long Beach, CA and also in the Hemmings Sport & Exotic Car Magazine.

Please read the entire ad before making contact, as to get a better understanding with the car and all the details. Please, reasonable offers and serious inquiries only.

I don't know how to add pics directly in the listing, as the file wouldn't upload and I am not savvy with these things. But I see that there is a link from the photobucket website that will perhaps work, and it's been posted below. Otherwise, external links are down below to the pics.

This is my first time posting here, by the way.

Some links provided:

https://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/201 ... ents-block

http://www.hemmings.com/magazine/hsx/20 ... 26421.html

http://japanesenostalgiccar.com/events- ... he-debuts/

If you've been holding out for a clean Chevy Sprint Turbo, this is the one! All original, except for perhaps the stereo, though, I'm not entirely sure. Also, a new exhaust pipe had to be built, which I have in my receipt records. Original miles and odometer has always worked and mileage history can attest to this.

I've owned this car since 2013 and I think I am the fourth owner, as I recall searching records online before I purchased it. The last owner was in Santa Maria, which I bought it from there. This car was purchased new in 1987 here in California and I believe that it has remained here in this State all the time. I have service records from what I have done on the car and I have driven it once a week and put less than 1,000 miles on it. It's been a great, fun car, but I am moving on to other interests.

Based on my calculations, at present on the highway it's getting 40 mpg, which is great for any car these days, and amazing for 1980s technology and what these cars are in part known for. Just a fun car to go places with, everybody asks about it, waves or gives a thumbs up while on the road, and here's your chance to get a very nice Turbo Sprint, as it's only going to become more rare and more desired.

In March of 2013, as I'm looking at the receipt now from the service visit, it had 124,327 miles on it and at present it has 124,930. Major work includes a tune up, change of coolant, heater hose, 2 CV axles, oil seal output shaft seal, bolts on engine mount and exhaust flange. In addition, the muffler was replaced an exhaust pipe was built and replaced. In January of 2014 it had an intercooler pipe and hose replaced. In November of 2014 it had all four wheels balanced and a four wheel alignment. At this time, new shocks and struts were installed and supercharger as well. All kinds of normal things that it would need with regular service since then have been done, such as oil changes. An all around solid car, which you don't find them clean like this often.

The flaws are as follows, as I have taken pics as well. There is some rust in various places and some light dings and scratches. On the sunroof there is a tab missing on the outside, as you can see in the pics, so if left outside, water can enter, but not a major amount if you're just washing the car. I've always garaged this car, so it hasn't been a problem. Under the rear license plate a strip is missing, as you can see in the pics. Considering its age, the interior is quite good, though, some parts just don't come clean. The carpet is excellent and the floor mats I believe are original. There is some fading on parts of the interior from the sun from the past, though, I've always garaged it. A 29 year old car, of course, isn't going to be in showroom condition, but it sure is nice as it stands for its age. 5 speed transmission, 4 cylinder, red color and clean title. Owner's manual booklet, as shown in pics, included. The paint is very good, all things considered with age and all. You are certainly welcome to look everything over with this car when you come, as would be expected.

Brakes are excellent and tires are very good. Clutch is smooth as well. Battery changed in December of 2014. Registration renews in January.

Please note that on one recent occasion, the transmission wouldn't shift in reverse for some reason. We have no idea as to why, but it also on other occasions grinded a bit upon shifting. The transmission, according to the former owner, as from a non-turbo Sprint. According to a thread here on this website, it gets better gas mileage, based on ratio.

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=54441

I have further videos of compression check and on the road, so just ask if you wish to see them in private message.

If you want to have a good time zipping around town or taking this on a long road trip, this is a wonderful car for it and you won't spend much on gas either while having fun, which is a big deal these days for everybody with gas prices.

$4,000 OBO cash and local sale preferred, but willing to ship. Not interested in trades of any kind. Please, reasonable offers and serious inquiries only. I can be reached at 818-922-4840 and it's best to call, as I don't text because I need to keep my hands free with work. If there is no answer, just leave a message like we did back in the day, and I assure you that I'll get back to you shortly.

Here are all the pics on these links:

http://s125.photobucket.com/user/morrob ... urbo/story

http://s125.photobucket.com/user/morrob ... nt%20Turbo

Last edited by sbfisherman on Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:36 pm 
Island Inbreeder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:17 pm 

Sold?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:12 pm 

Jaoc1210 wrote:
Sold?

Hi,

Still available and I can be reached at the phone number in the ad.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:44 pm 

Hi,

To the one who posted the pics, thank you. They're all in the links at the bottom of the ad.

Still available and now asking $5,300 OBO. Best to call, as I can't answer texts and they may not even be received. Likewise, messages are not always being received, so it's really best to call if anybody is interested.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:22 pm 

This appears to be a substantial vehicle which has been cared for properly, since at least 1996.
If someone is looking for a solid Turbo Sprint to import, look no further.

I have not actually seen the car, but from the pictures and the online history of the vehicle, it would be ideal for someone wishing to own one of the best Turbo Sprints on the road today.
Of course, rust is not an issue as we don't have rust problems in California.
This particular vehicle is complete, and would need only minor improvements to be a show stopper.
Nor do I know the individual selling it, but we do own a couple of these vehicles, and they are very quick, light, and economical.
It is hard to describe.

Good luck with the sale, and congratulations to the wise new owner!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:29 pm 

pacapo wrote:
This appears to be a substantial vehicle which has been cared for properly, since at least 1996.
If someone is looking for a solid Turbo Sprint to import, look no further.

I have not actually seen the car, but from the pictures and the online history of the vehicle, it would be ideal for someone wishing to own one of the best Turbo Sprints on the road today.
Of course, rust is not an issue as we don't have rust problems in California.
This particular vehicle is complete, and would need only minor improvements to be a show stopper.
Nor do I know the individual selling it, but we do own a couple of these vehicles, and they are very quick, light, and economical.
It is hard to describe.

Good luck with the sale, and congratulations to the wise new owner!

Hi,

Thank you for the plug on the car. It's a clean vehicle, but actually, there is some rust, as described and as shown in some pics in the links. Not sure why the thought was that it was taken care of since 1996, as I've seen the vehicle history, so I'm guessing the title history that is being shown on the other website where it's advertised. Not sure if I can mention that website here, but everybody knows it as the most common website that has auctions and buy it now.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:09 pm 

Still for sale and willing to ship, as long as all shipping arrangements are done by buyer. We've never sold a car that we've shipped, so we're not exactly familiar with it. Therefore, we ask that you be familiar with it, as we understand that it can be picked up by a shipper.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:05 pm 

Still for sale and willing to ship. Asking $4,000 OBO.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:51 pm 

Still for sale?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:14 pm 

Huntforsprint wrote:
Still for sale?

Hi,

It sold last month, but I have two mid Honda CRXs from the 80s for sale, really clean with low mileage, if you're interested. I can be reached at the phone number in the ad.