TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:42 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:25 pm 

i wanna turbocharge my 2000 chevy metro 1.3l g13b dont want alot of boost to where i have to go standalone fuel managment or increase the injector sizes .looking for something under 10 psi.can it be done ? also how high can the stock internals rev is there a way to increase the rev limiter with an ms6al or is it in the ecm

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:32 pm 

wrong section.

post here...
viewforum.php?f=30

or here...
viewforum.php?f=6

this section is for cars from model year 89-94. completely different than your 98+ engine

too many others to list

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:59 pm 
Suzuki Elder

the most appropriate section would be - viewforum.php?f=6

just keep in mind that teamswift has been around for many years, making it's archives huge for a public forum. you want to enable as many people to easily locate your thread, especially through the major search engines like bing and google. grouping your turbo project with other threads on the subject allows it to be found much easier. the big search engines key on specific words and order their "hits" through nifty algorithms.

teamswift is routinely visited by web spiders from google, bing, yahoo, et al.

i'm looking forward to watching your project come together. :D

My Turbo3 Project
My Cardomain Page -Ol' Blue
My YouTube Channel
My Photo Gallery
SAAB Sonett II

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:31 pm 

+1 on the previous but why bother? If you want to have fun running 12's or better and still get 40-50 mpg then this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHEVY-COBALT-SS-TC-TURBO-OEM-ECOTEC-2-0-L-TURBOCHARGED-ENGINE-MOTOR-LONG-BLOCK-/280911688996?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4167a43524&vxp=mtr

done.

looking back I wish I would have gone this route. I've got $2k in a 1.0L rebuild with a 3tech head/cam and its still slow as balls. I've run some numbers on it and if you can keep the weight as close to stock as possible that engine will have the power to run 12s and still pull 45mpg.