TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:30 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: 1995 Metro 1.3l Lifters
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:12 am 

Does anybody know where i can pickup a new set? I know you can disassemble and clean them but if i can i'd rather just drop new ones in. I'm doing the timing belt and picked up a new valve cover gasket, i'd like to do all this at once so i'm not going back over on work.

The car only taps when you first fire it up (like most cases), if it's cold it taps loud until the lifters pump up, if its warm you can hardly tell unless you know what to listen for.

1995 Metro 1.3L Auto.

Found them.

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raframe ... 28-1785916

Rock auto, 7$ a lifter?? Sounds to good....

http://www.stockwiseauto.com/product_in ... e/googleps
AC delco
50$ per lifter?!? No way, I've got a high performance cam kit from comp cams for my oldsmobile 403, and the lifters didn't cost even close to 50$ a piece. If they did i'd be 800$ in on lifters according to that price hah.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:26 am 

Alright so the new lifters from DNJ showed up today. 6 of them are fine and soaking in oil, 2 of the lifters are rock solid and won't compress at all. So i'm either going to send back and wait, or reuse two of the least dirty original lifters.

Called rockauto where i got them, and they are sending replacements free of charge.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:25 pm 
Island Inbreeder

the new lifter are very stiff.!
Did you pump them while they were in oil.?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:24 pm 

Lol the new lifters aren't that stiff, i can compress them by hand. And yes i'm pumping them up in oil / letting them sit in oil for a day or two before i install them.

The two that i said where "stiff" where more like SOLID, they where stuck and wouldn't compress at all under any load.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:02 pm 

Ok so the replacement lifters showed up today and one of them is bad hah. I'm starting to wonder about this manufacturer.

Has anybody else used these DNJ lifters?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:25 pm 
@ssclown

CamaroAdam73 wrote:
Ok so the replacement lifters showed up today and one of them is bad hah. I'm starting to wonder about this manufacturer.

Has anybody else used these DNJ lifters?

YES i did.I took the the stiff lifters apart got them working freely and istalled them it took me all of 10 min to do it.I did not want to take the time to ship them back and then wait for the new ones.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:47 pm 

So i called DNJ. They said most of my lifters are defective?

I didn't explain this clearly enough, two of them where rock solid, i had to smack them with a hammer to free them up and didn't want to take a chance using them after that.

Even after letting the other ones soak in oil for the last 7 days, they still compress without effot. By that i mean, i put the lifter bewtween my thumb and index finger and without any effort i can bottom out the plunger.

According to DNJ they should be stiff, which is what i thought too.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:53 pm 
@ssclown

CamaroAdam73 wrote:
So i called DNJ. They said most of my lifters are defective?

I didn't explain this clearly enough, two of them where rock solid, i had to smack them with a hammer to free them up and didn't want to take a chance using them after that.

Even after letting the other ones soak in oil for the last 7 days, they still compress without effot. By that i mean, i put the lifter bewtween my thumb and index finger and without any effort i can bottom out the plunger.

According to DNJ they should be stiff, which is what i thought too.

I use a hammer to disassemble the lifters.Mine were not just stiff but stuck they would not move at all.Take a flat head hammer and carefully strike the top of the lifter they will move.My son and I did a video of how to rebuild lifters.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:22 am 

My main question is, after soaking these new ones in oil for 7 days should i be able to compress them by hand completley and without really any effort?? i can push the plunger the whole way down into the lifter.

Thats one of the 'NEW" lifters, it's been soaking in oil for 7 + days now. That was with next to minimial effort.