TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:47 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:13 pm 
@ssclown

I have several G10 engines sitting in the shop one has 5 bolts on the front of the crank holding the pulley on the others have only 4 bolts
I have not pulled any of them apart yet so I don't know the difference other than there's one more bolt .I'm hoping someone out there knows if there is a difference and can share what it is.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:23 pm 

One of the pulleys uses a round tooth belt, the other uses a square tooth belt. The cam gears will be different as well to match the lower pulley.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:39 pm 
@ssclown

biglady112 wrote:
One of the pulleys uses a round tooth belt, the other uses a square tooth belt. The cam gears will be different as well to match the lower pulley.

I think I was not very clear I'm not talking about the timing belt I'm referring to the belt that drives the alternator, water pump

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:01 am 

The cranks are the same, what is different is the crank timing belt spocket and alternator belt pulley. The 4 bolt style uses a square tooth timing belt. This is the early style from 89- mid to late 93. The 5 bolt style comes in two different versions, 93.5-95 and 96-2000. The 93.5-95 uses a 3/4" round tooth belt and the 96+ uses a 1" approximate round tooth belt. The wider belt engines also have a crank position sensor sticking out the bottom of the oil pump.

I sold this car to a friend at work. I now have a Saturn L which is an Opel Vectra B.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:23 am 
@ssclown

me and my metro wrote:
The cranks are the same, what is different is the crank timing belt spocket and alternator belt pulley. The 4 bolt style uses a square tooth timing belt. This is the early style from 89- mid to late 93. The 5 bolt style comes in two different versions, 93.5-95 and 96-2000. The 93.5-95 uses a 3/4" round tooth belt and the 96+ uses a 1" approximate round tooth belt. The wider belt engines also have a crank position sensor sticking out the bottom of the oil pump.

Got it!! sounds like it makes no diferance on the rebuild so i might as well get after the engine on the stand.