TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:07 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:20 am 

I have been working on this problem for a while.
Metro 98 3/5
Starts runs but idles a little high. Then after two or the minutes dies. It then will not start for a long time. If you look in the intake there is a puddle of fuel.
I checked fuel pressure, and compression. Put in a new injector, cap, and rotor. I swaped out the ecu and the throttle body. And no codes are poping up when i check.
Some people have said it sounds like a leaky o ring/injector. But i have had three injectors in the car, one being new, with no change.
Any ideas :?:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:41 am 

no takers? I'll bite.

*some fuel in the bottom of the intake is normal for these cars... Its actually by design. how much are we talking here?

how high is a little high? if its cold outside 1,500 to 2k rpm for the first minute or two is to be expected. as the engine warms, it should slowly drop to the prescribed 800 rpm

As the car starts to die, can you throttle it and keep it running? If you start the car and hold it at say 1500 rpm will it still die at the same time interval? When it dies does it chug or just stop? Have you done any of this with a vacuum gauge hooked to the car to see if you are losing vacuum right before it dies? is the throttle stop screw cap still intact? was the ECM a known good ecm?

If you are convinced it is flooding out, remember the ecm uses input from all its sensors to decide how much fuel and spark to deliver. the main players here are the MAP, coolant temp and O2. the FSM has procedures for checking all of the sensors for proper operation. I would start by disconnecting the IAC and a/c idle up if you still have them. Then plug all vacuum lines. Then verify operation of your air bleed valve (thermo-wax device threaded into the bottom of the TB. there is a howto somewhere on here for testing using boiling water etc) Then verify proper operation of IAT,coolant temp sensor, MAP and O2 sensor.