TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:57 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:51 pm 

Hi, i'm new to the forum! I just purchased an 87' Sprint locally that needless to say has virtually no suspension. I just purchased KYB struts for the front and Monroe's for the rear, but the main problem is the coil-overs are completely smashed and broken... i've tried multiple parts stores locally and online using all the different re-brand model names too and cannot find anything. any suggestions for parts stores or possible swap of springs(ie. metros)?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:20 pm 

Nobody? surely someone has had to purchase coils before! will metro springs fit?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:49 pm 

BidEquation78 wrote:
Nobody? surely someone has had to purchase coils before! will metro springs fit?

This seems to be a real friendly forum.
It's a lot like life: the more you give, the more you get.
If you check the profiles on the members from Canada, none of them use 'Canada' as a location.

You've posted in an MK2/3 section questions about an MK1.
It is hard to believe, with so many members, that no one has a set they'd be willing to sell.
Matter of fact, I've read posts which show pictures of BOXES of MK1 parts:
but I could be mistaken.
Take this subtle hint: how can you expect them to be helpful if you don't explain who you are, where you are, and describe your problem in the right section?

If I was looking for a set of coil springs for an MK1, I'd be sure to include my location in my profile so people who are closest could help or calculate shipping.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4984
If I was you, and I'm not, I'd be sure to tell people WHICH MK1 I had so they would know which coils you are looking for.
I've read there are more than one type of Chevrolet Sprint.

Next, I'd show pictures of my crusty coils so people could see how they can help:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4
Last, I'd sure be posting help to others with similar cars as mine.
(You don't want the fellow members to be thinking you're a selfish little witch, eh?)

It probably wouldn't be a bad idea to start a thread in the MK1 section outlining your car's current situation and add to it as you fix up the car.
Whether you plan on driving it or selling it, you'll have a record of the maintenance you've done on it for the world to see.
I've read some pretty interesting threads here, having lurked for years.
Now I've joined and hope to contribute once I learn how to work on these cars.
Matter of fact I did contribute once, but the jury is still out on that car as the member never posted so much as a 'thanks' for helping him solve his problem.
I guess he isn't walking anymore, but again...just a guess.
He sure was whining to beat the band when he started trying to get his car running right.
Matter of fact I got my head bit off for trying to help, but that didn't stop me.
I'm still gonna post unless they ban me.
Little prick hasn't posted an update since July 27th.
Some thanks from 'my fellow American', eh?.
Anyways,

Welcome, fellow newbie from the 'United States'.
I'll be watching this thread to see what you do.
Completely smashed and broken?
Wow, I'd like to see a picture of that!

Hopefully, I'll be doing learning from your posts.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:36 pm 

I apologize on my newb mistake as I posted in a hurry to get answers, I appreciate your reply and ill start a thread in the mk1 section where it belongs haha. Pictures will be up soon