TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:20 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:44 pm 

Alright well the cars a 1995 Geo metro LSI, 1.3L auto with 114K

The problem started last week on my way to work at about a 55 MPH cruise on the highway, it started "bucking" and acting like it wanted to shut off, i pulled off to a gas station and threw it in park, let it idle. After a few minutes of sitting and sputtering it finally shut off, i cycled the key to the off position then started the car back up and it ran fine. After work that day i replaced the coil thinking that was the probable cause, the car ran great all weekend and i put probably 150 miles on her. On my way to work today it started doing it again and shut off at a stop light, i started the car back up right away without turning the key to the off position and it was still sputtering so i limped off to the side of the road and let the car sit for a few minutes. It started right back up after that and made it to work and back today with no issues.

I replaced the map sensor and changed the plugs recently, other than that i keep it up to date on service.
Replaced fuel/air filters at 97K millage, along with the PCV valve
I did a quick compression test today after work just in case something was going on, everything looked good though.

For some reason i'm unable to pull any codes from this car, i pulled the cluster and replaced the check engine light bulb, but no prevail. I tried unplugging the MAP and TPS sensor to force the light on but it just won't come on, so i'm at a disadvantage there.

So can any of you guys help point me in the right direction here? I feel like whatevers going on may be fuel related

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:31 pm 

i have the same issue happening. 1996 metro 1.3l lsi with auto. only started when the daytime temps jumped up.tried loosening the gas cap but that didn't help. i am starting to think it might be fuel pump. just changed fuel filter 2 mos ago. car wont go 25 miles without hiccuping now that temps are in the 70-80's.