TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:39 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:49 pm 

not sure if im in the correct spot if not please let me know. I have a 91 geo metro LSI, 3cyl manual trans when i bought it the previous owner replaced the motor G10 i think its a swift by the looks of the top of carb i will upload a video tomorrow, it all started 2wks ago driving along and it just dies all lights on dash come on, my dad came to help I turn over so he could check for spark, that was good, check injector for spray while turning over Nothing coming out, waited for a tow and 45min later I tried again started and drove home, now the list of parts new fuel filter, no change, fuel pump, no change, pressure regulator, no change, new injector, no change, swapped map sensor off my other 91 geo hatchback, no change, each time I was stuck for about an hour, today I finished installing the injector and was stuck on the road once again, I was able to start after about a 1-3 minutes and would idle but as soon as I gave it some gas over 2000 rpm it just died, while idling I was jiggling wires all over the engine compartment idle stayed the same, watched the injector spray pattern was good, I creeped it home not going over 2000rpm as soon as I got near the house I gunned to see what it would do ran fine drove around the block couple times ran fine, I'm going crazy with this intermittent problem. whenever it dies I have noticed as the car is turning over the injector does not spray fuel with help of a passerby, i did get about 5-7 miles today before it died on me, maybe heating up, like i mentioned I'm lost
Thanks Rusty

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:19 pm 

Update tried fuel injector relay no change

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:43 am 

You may get more responses by posting your question in the Problems & Fixes sub forum. It is useful to elaborate on the actions you have taken so far..

Quote:
check for spark, that was good,
. What test procedure did you use to come to this conclusion? Did you use an inductive timing light? Did you check condition of the distributor cap, rotor, ignition coil, coil wire?

Quote:
new fuel filter, no change,

Quote:
fuel pump, no change,
Really, you dropped the gas tank and installed a new fuel pump? Did you also change the fuel sock attached to the pump at the same time? Do you still hear the fuel pump prime (IE. run for about 3 seconds when you turn the ignition key on, even after the engine stalls out?)

Quote:
pressure regulator, no change,
Did you note any difference in the condition of the new vs. old regulator?

Quote:
new injector, no change,
Did you install a new injector, or a used one? If the latter, how did you know it was working?

Quote:
tried fuel injector relay no change
If you still hear a click when you turn the ignition key, it is unlikely that the relay is at fault.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:53 am 

Might be a good idea now to swap the computer out with another, possibly ECM is dropping the injector pulses from overheating or a bad component.

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/x,carco ... ttype,2896

- 89 Daihatsu Charade CLX 1.0L MPFI 3cyl 5spd (*SOLD*)
- 01 VW Beetle GLS 1.8L Turbo (*SOLD*)
- 63 Datsun NL320 Sport Truck 4x4 (Converted by Me & Son)
- 04 GMC Yukon (Fam Hauler)
- 92 Suzuki JR50 (Fun Tiny Dirt Bike)
- 84 Dodge B350 Royal High-Top Van (Heavy Item Hauler)
- 92/94 Geo Metro's (Rebuilt & Sold)