TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:37 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: G13BA Turbo
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 4:46 am 

I bought a 1994 Suzuki Cino a couple of months ago in perfect condition with only 76,000km on it and now I want to turbo it.

Currently I only have a 2" mandrel exhaust, lowered, rims and a bodykit.

I would like to turbo my G13BA engine and do a low boost setup (only 5-7 PSI) and I have no intentions on upgrading the setup or winding on the boost. This is just for street driving.

Can someone please tell me what else I need other than a turbo, front mount intercooler/piping and turbo manifold?

Thank you very much for your help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 8:14 am 

If you are only running 5psi, then you may not need anything more. I know of somebody doing the same thing on a 3cyl, and the computer/MAP sensor works fine at 5psi. Try using the aluminum carb hat thing from a Tracker TBI, and hook your piping to that. It should hold the 5psi with no trouble. Get an air/fuel ratio gauge first, before you do any of the installation. Watch the gauge very carefully after the install to make sure you don't go lean. You can also shim the wastegate to partially open to only run 2psi at first, just to be safe, and to se what will work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 3:41 pm 

OK thanks for that suprf1y. Finally someone who can help me.

What is a "aluminum carb hat thing from a Tracker TBI"? I have an Australian Suzuki Cino 1.3L SOHC carb engine.

Should I get a T25 or T28? And what Ratios should I use?

Thanks guys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 2:23 am 

OK so I need to have a turbo manifold to a GT25 turbo, then a down pipe to the cat and exhaust. Then another pipe coming from the airfilter to the turbo, then from the turbo to the intercooler and then does it go straight on to the top of the engine and down through the carburetor? Or do I have to modify something there?

What compressor and turbine A/R and Trim should I get on the GT25 BB Turbo?

Thanks for your help. Its greatly appreciated.

*edit - Does anyone have any pics of a carby swift turboed?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 10:21 am 

I tried to run 5psi on my G10, apparently the MAP sensor doesnt like it. The engine start jerking once the boost comes in. In the end, wat i did was to have a bypass valve added along the vacum hose to the MAP sensor when the boost comes in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:26 am 

If you dont mind me asking, how much did your setup cost?
I have just bought a cino, almost exactly like yours and am looking to do the same as you.

However, sincs I am new to this, I am still just trying to figure most things out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 12:17 am 

i would like to turbo my 1.3l sohc g13ba suzuki swift throttle body engine, and there is no parts anyware from here im in u.s.a. north carolina and ill buy parts from anyone who wants to sell them to me. if you go to the local suzuki sport store and buy the needed parts and then sell them to me for a higher price. fine as long as i get a turbo im wanting at least 8-12 psi. im about 5 steps short of putting nitrus oxide right into the engine, please let me know what parts i need and where to get them. hell ill even pay someone for there info on making it happen for me. my e-mail is linomagno3@hotmail.com please e-mail me do not reply to this post because i used a search engine to find and i probably wont read your responce. so any info will be very greatful. from one import lover to another. thanks for the help.................................peace

Post subject: Re: G13BA Turbo
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:57 pm 

Hey,

I am also wanting to (or more-or-less thinking about if I should (not in a mechanical sense)) put a turbo on my G13BA. My motor has oversized pistons in it, as well as new rods, and all new bearings (some of which have been undersized). I know the motor is in MINT / PERFECT condition. I have tested a CT20's (with worn oil seals) capability to spool on the motor - which, not under load, barely spools up (very sad, as it's not that big a turbo, and they 'sing' when they spool up)...

What turbo would be more the right size for the G13BA motor?

I'm also looking to put F/inj. onto the motor, along with coil packs, so that I don't have to worry about running too lean / rich (which isn't as much of a problem as running lean is... just more $$$ down the throat / tank).

As mentioned before, this is still in the "thinking" stage... just to find out some options, and price(s) on it all.

Cheers

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:26 pm 

Meanwhile, 5 years later....

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:02 am 

Did someone say 5 years later, now that i got my g13ba running well i definetly want to venture into the boost world, i know search! I am but if anyone wants to tune in and give me a couple tips i will definetly be gratefull :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:12 am 

pvr007 wrote:
Did someone say 5 years later, now that i got my g13ba running well i definetly want to venture into the boost world, i know search! I am but if anyone wants to tune in and give me a couple tips i will definetly be gratefull :mrgreen:

I was thinking the same thing. I have been reading up what some of the Sammy guys are doing and they are getting way more horse power

8mm silicon wires.