TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:08 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: header
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 5:51 pm 

how much for one?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 6:35 pm 

well basically I was sick and tired of looking around for a header,I guess since everyone considers Swifts and Metro throw away cars and performance parts are not even available....I basically said the hell with it and started fabricating my own stuff,the cylinder head did need some modifications for this header...it starts off with 1 3/8" primary tube right out of the flange and go's right to 1 1/2" runners....there pretty much equal lenghts and all meet at the 3 1/2" square flange, the bolt on flange will have a 3" to 2 1/4" reducer and the rest of the pipes all the way to the back will be 2 1/4"................... I basically just bought a set of headers on E-bay real cheap,they were brand new.....cut them up and went from there....as you can see it came out really good and fits my Metro Excellent.....I got together with this header manufacturer in Tennessee where they fabricate race headers and there going to Aluminize it for me for sixty bucks....not bad a dream and sweat equity..

Post subject: i got an idea
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 12:36 am 

Machine a Hemispherical combustion chamber head (hemi my 3 cyl.) LOL

actualy Just a compact header would be cool

Last edited by geoinsane on Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 5:44 am 

Well that's an easy question to answer....every ounce of horsepower I can get my hands on,and if you look at the site you just happen to be on, everybody here is basically after the same thing,do the math....well.....never mine...... 8) [/b]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 7:44 pm 

How much horsepower do you need to get your sorry @$$ from one place to another anyway?
It's 3 cylenders of fuel injected fury!!!!

Jerzzey wrote:
Well that's an easy question to answer....every ounce of horsepower I can get my hands on,and if you look at the site you just happen to be on, everybody here is basically after the same thing,do the math....well.....never mine...... 8) [/b]

Did you just comment on his insignia?

Dave :razz:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:15 pm 

what are you talking about,lost me.....if I miss understood something straighten it out for me and explain...some times things go by me...thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 4:35 am 
Moderator & FAQ King
Moderator & FAQ King

This quote:
geoinsane wrote:
How much horsepower do you need to get your sorry @$$ from one place to another anyway?
It's 3 cylenders of fuel injected fury!!!!

which you replied to was actually the guy's sig, and not a part of the message text. There's a horizontal bar that separates the message text from the sig.
Have a look at mine for comparison:
|
|
|
\/

maybe a picture Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 5:55 am 

Thank you....I not ashamed to say I mess up,sorry for my misunderstanding, I promise to do better....have a great day guys and apologize to every one concerned here.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 2:26 pm 

Hey Jerzzzy, I don't think it's a big deal. You probably just didn't read enough posts to figure it out on your own. Sh!t happens.

I am interested in the 3-banger products though, and having a larger TBI was something I was wanting... I forgot about the pony carbs though. :D

Post subject: ha ha
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 11:44 pm 

no offense taken however my Sig WAS contradictory here

take it easy :stupid: :goodpost: :givebeer: :joker:

Last edited by geoinsane on Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:25 pm 

love all this hard core 1.0 horsepower demand....you guys are definately ontop of all this game,keep us guys posted on your results of your testing and progress, we'd all love to know how they come out, keep up the great work.....Eddy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 10:44 pm 

My 1L three banger + more horesepower = :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:03 pm 

Hello there, I'm new to the site and am realy excited about the Cams that Suprf1y is selling. How do I get one?

tia
James

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:43 pm 

Click on the blue firefly on the bottom of the page (3 tech peformance).

"M3 like the BMW?"
"No, like the Gillette razor."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:42 pm 

M3 wrote:
Click on the blue firefly on the bottom of the page (3 tech peformance).

not everyone has the banners! i dont. :( i saw them for a day and then they were gone. i think its my anti virus shtuff.

here is my sig. karma if you look

Dattman wrote:
If you want big wheels buy a tractor...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:04 pm 

sfjames2 wrote:
Hello there, I'm new to the site and am realy excited about the Cams that Suprf1y is selling. How do I get one?

tia
James

http://www.teamswift.net/3tech

or PM me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 12:22 pm 
Sparky

suprf1y wrote:
sfjames2 wrote:

tia
James

http://www.teamswift.net/3tech

or PM me.

CAMS? or SCAMS???? =) heheheh Im almost done with my current project! :sunny: then I have to hunt for a 1.0 to build up. You still need 1.0 heads, I have that one from a 94 XFi. let me know if you want it..
I will PM you terms. :twisted:

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 10:46 pm 

i have a swift 1994, with the g13ba motor, which im shure thats the carb throttle body 1.3l sohc not able to turbo motor. i will buy anything from anyone that will boost my performance. ANYTHING iv looked for (not joking) 1 1/2 years now. everyone has turned me away, saying oh its not do-able or yea its $15,000.00 to get what you want. i only have $4,000.00 that i can spend and i want every posible lead or part i can get. if you got a g13b dohc motor with a WIREING HARNESS<went threw that problem too) that i can get, or a compleatly diffrent intake and exaust manifold with a ecu chip. MAN i dont care if its even a cam or a friggin spark plug that gives you 4hp, i will take it. i love my car and im tired of getting steped on. it seems like every car exept a 3cyl geo metro is smoking me. the other day a damn stock saturn SL blew me off the line and the side by side rolling jump. i was like WTF!!! i did everything possible that i know, cold air, wiring kit, ngk plugs, exaust, e.t.c. and im still slow as hell. iv seen swifts lite up tire's faster than a refer smoking junky puffing away. oh yeah of corse i get very good gas milage but who cares about that. you have to buy gas no matter what. check this out, the ONLY time i tryed to burn out, i BROKE yes BROKE my rear motor mount for my transmission and also cracked my block. theres no way all suzuki swifts are like this. i mean what the hell is this just a bad year and make. was i cursed with the worst suzuki swift in the world. so im giving the car one more try. if i cant find any help, im going to park someware away from everyone, have a camera and set my car on FIRE and watch it explode, then im going to push it off a very steap cliff record the whole thing and send it to anyone who wants a copy, because its not even worth claiming on my insurance as stolen. they will give me a check for $120.00. can you beleave that $120 dollors, i asked them and thats what they told me. if i cant get help anyone with $600 cash can take it. the sterio's worth atleast that.so please any one help me. i wont be able to read the fourm as much as everyone so e-mail me any info you can at linomagno3@hotmail.com i WILL respond to your e-mail there.

MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON MY SOUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(and some one help me)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 11:52 pm 
Former TeamSwift Admin
Former TeamSwift Admin

whoa, chill, take some meds...
$4000 to spend on fixing it up ?! you could definately do a g13b swap & a turbo for that, or just buy yourself a gt and turbo that. it's not rocket science and the g13a sohc 8v should still be a fair bit quicker then many of the cars of the road.
i'd recommend finding yourself a good gti donor car (~$1500), piece together a turbo kit (~$1500), a knowledgeable east coast member, spend a few hundred on beer & pizza to bribe said member to camp out in your garage and help with the project, and save a few hundred for extra bits and pieces that pop up along the way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 8:51 pm 

yea, that would be nice if the nearest gti wasnt 2300 miles away, and the nearest junked gti motor 1800 miles away. and sites like ssgti.com want to charge me just about $4000 for a block and shipping. the tuner guys here just laugh at my car. they told me that if i payed them $500 dollors they would take my car off my hand's. the suzuki dealership wants $2800 just for a transmission. and 4600 for a stock 1.3l block, and supposidly they dont sell wiring harnesses<<wtf). now if you think its easy for me to do what your saying by all means let me know what you do, because here in greensboro north carolina, united stated of america, about 1000 miles away from canada(which is a big swift country)there is nothing for my car. on the net go to map quest and look up greensboro nc 27410 and you tell me where the nearest gti or block is. and if you know a web site let me in the secret, because im stumped. there is no hope for this car. they dont even have a haynes manual for my car. or even a modle car that i can build. theres one suzuki swift dealer within 60 miles of here.well let me know, because i dont

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next