TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:20 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 2:51 pm 

Well hello all its been about 3 months since i was last able to post something notable about the screwedzuki (OCC RACING SPONSORED) 91 suzuki swift GTi. As the update goes the 57trim T3 turbo is on the car finally and everything is running great. Hp is somewhere around 250, conservativly stated, at 12psi and around 180 at 6psi. These are wheel horse power #s. I will post up some dyno sheets asap just to clear a few things up.

One thing you have to remeber is that our intention is having a 400hp swift within the year. As of right now we are having clutch problems as the ACT 4 puck full race clutch is slipping in 3rd through 5th and to my knowledge nobody makes a bigger one, so we are going to have to sort that out. Also this is all done with a stock head, cames, crank, rods, and ecu. We know that in order to reach our hp goals the head will need some major work and the ecu will have to be ditched (most likely).

I will post some pics here for your enjoyment but if you would like to see more then please go to http://photos.yahoo.com/qualitytint1 and look at album 2005-1-15 for the latest pics. You can look at the other albums for some of the things we have done on this build up and look at some of our mistakes, there is also a mitsu album for the 700hp 1st gen AWD eclipse we are building with a full AEM stand alone, it should be up and running by the end of feb 05.

I will be posting up #s as i get them and keep everyone posted on our progress of the screwedzuki (OCC) project.

if you have any questions please feel free to ask but please keep it clean, keep your critisism to yourself unless you are here and can turn wrenches with us.

Post subject: WTF
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 5:05 pm 

Power is 250+ WHP on 12 Psi, with stock internals.

STOP SMOKING CRACK

BSC, SSC

Last edited by UK Swift on Fri Jan 14, 2005 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 5:30 pm 

Have you checked with clutch masters for a clutch? I talked to them last year and the guy said they can make a stage 5 for the swift but it wouldn't be streetable race only. Build looks like it's coming along nicely and the manifold is SWEET. Turbine Tech or one of yours?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 5:42 pm 

250 horsepower on Stock ECU???

Come on now you think people will belive that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 5:56 pm 

WOW please tell me the torque numbers on that puppy.

also i guess the block guard is working well ....

Post subject: Re: WTF
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 6:31 pm 

UK Swift wrote:
Power is 250+ WHP on 12 Psi, with stock internals.

STOP SMOKING CRACK

DID YOU READ THE LAST THING I SAID IN MY POST ABOUT CRITISISM.

it has the OCC JE 8.8 to 1 pistons. everything else is stock
it has dsm 450 injectors with a afc piggyback with a dsm turbo fuel pump, -6 an fuel lines with a aeromotive FPR. The stock rods are forged, as well as the crank. now get off your high horse and quite slinging mud

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 6:35 pm 

SYL23 wrote:
Have you checked with clutch masters for a clutch? I talked to them last year and the guy said they can make a stage 5 for the swift but it wouldn't be streetable race only. Build looks like it's coming along nicely and the manifold is SWEET. Turbine Tech or one of yours?

tried the clutch masters clutch previosly and found them to suck sorry but thanks for the info, i might take another chance on them though, as for the manifold it is a OCC manifold that we R&D and are still doing some testing on. this one inparticular had to have some mods done to the t3 mounting point as the turbo had such a huge compressor housing. there were also some oil filter clearance issues that we had to deal with. thanks for your insightfull post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 6:42 pm 

Way-low wrote:

stock ecu yes, you have to look at it like this

in the stock ecu you have a said fuel map that you can look at like a box in a 3d form, you cannot step outside of this box for no reason as you cannot change fuel maps on a stock ecu. now what you can is replace the stock injectors with double the size of stock there for doubling the size of your box. are you following me. if not start over. now that you have doubled your said box you are still dealing with the stock fuel curve settings which can infact be modified within the paramaters of the box + or - with the help of a piggy back. now this is not an solution to the problem mearly a bandaid and as i already stated the ecu will be replaced.
Please dont hate on what others can do and you cant.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 6:45 pm 

thought some of you might like to see this as our cars and hondas share alot of the same theories of operation

http://home.comcast.net/~KyleKelnibbs/v ... anDyno.wmv

this guy lives a little ways from me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 6:54 pm 

STOP SMOKING CRACK

you talk shit go to a honda forum.

EDIT been told you know your stuff, and that you really are over 250 whp on 12PSI, so sorry

LOOKS LIKE IM THE CRACKHEAD

Your Swift has about the same hp as DMW Dave's monster car last thing i read it was at 260 whp on over 25 Psi, and your only on 12 thats amazing :salute:

BSC, SSC

Last edited by UK Swift on Fri Jan 14, 2005 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 6:55 pm 

UK Swift wrote:
STOP SMOKING CRACK

you talk sh!t go to a honda forum.

250 whp on 12psi, lol

i will not waste my time on you again, post away

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 7:56 pm 

Who makes that manifold?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 8:05 pm 

baldurg wrote:
Who makes that manifold?

its a prototype OCC racing design that will be availble very soon to the public and will come with a 2 year warranty covering everything including cracking

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 10:29 pm 

screwedzuki wrote:
tried the clutch masters clutch previosly and found them to suck sorry but thanks for the info

Sorry to hear that. You might check with DMWDave he's on Redline in AUS but posts on here. He's running (I think) a custom carbon kevlar clutch that sounded pretty much indestructible. It was HUGE $ to get made though. He might be able to help out with some info or parts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 10:33 pm 

thanks for the tip i will look into that here locally as there is a company here locally that can make a clutch of any available material for any application, there name is something like Dothan Clutch and Brake. if anyone else is interested let me know and it will possibly make things easier if there is more than one person interested. hope i didnt post this in the wrong place as a group buy because i dont intend for it to be :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 1:28 am 

screwedzuki wrote:
Way-low wrote:

stock ecu yes, you have to look at it like this

in the stock ecu you have a said fuel map that you can look at like a box in a 3d form, you cannot step outside of this box for no reason as you cannot change fuel maps on a stock ecu. now what you can is replace the stock injectors with double the size of stock there for doubling the size of your box. are you following me. if not start over. now that you have doubled your said box you are still dealing with the stock fuel curve settings which can infact be modified within the paramaters of the box + or - with the help of a piggy back. now this is not an solution to the problem mearly a bandaid and as i already stated the ecu will be replaced.
Please dont hate on what others can do and you cant.

No where in your post do you say you used a piggy back, thats why I questioned your power figure. Even with the use of a piggy back, 250 HP would have to be streching the limits of the ECU's capacity. I would be expeting engine failure soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:09 am 

Also, how come you installed the SR throttle body upside down? I take it you had to make a custom throttle cable?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 6:43 am 
Moderator & FAQ King
Moderator & FAQ King

Thanks for the update. Is your block guard a product that will be available from OCC soon?

maybe a picture Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 9:37 am 

Lihtan wrote:
Thanks for the update. Is your block guard a product that will be available from OCC soon?

:werd:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 10:31 am 

Quote:
No where in your post do you say you used a piggy back, thats why I questioned your power figure. Even with the use of a piggy back, 250 HP would have to be streching the limits of the ECU's capacity. I would be expeting engine failure soon.

sorry for not stating it clearly, i have posted up my mods before and for some reason just thought everybody would know, sorry my mistake, if you would like a list of the mods to the car you can and look in my profile i listed them all last night. as for the limits yes i can assure you that she is strapped for all shes worth right now with the stock ecu setup , s-afc, and current fuel mods, but like i have said before in this post and others, the ecu is next on the choping block

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 10:36 am 

Way-low wrote:
Also, how come you installed the SR throttle body upside down? I take it you had to make a custom throttle cable?

sorry to sound like a jerk but in fact it is all of you who are mounting it upside down as per the nissan design. the way it is mounted on my par is the way it was design to be mounted. as for the throttle cable no it is stock i even used my stock mount holder ( you know the little bracket that holds it to the manifold) all i did was rout it on the back of the manifold and and used the lower passengerside bolt off the IAC Motor to bolt it back down and used a screwdriver to twist the colling pipes around to the correct direction.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 10:40 am 

SYL23 wrote:
Lihtan wrote:

:werd:

yes i have two of them one in each of my blocks and can attest to its strength and have comfort knowing it is there. but they should be availble very soon as of the last time i talked to adam about it he was trying to see how much interest there was as the amount he has made really affects the price.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 10:52 am 

Interesting.... What is the JE part# of the Pistons?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 10:57 am 

MF89 wrote:

As much as i would love to shout to the top of the heavens all the part#s i know that will work in our cars unfortunatly i cannot. but what i can tell you is that Adam over at OCC has the pistons ready to ship in to different compression ratios. you can contact him and he can provide you with all the info you need.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 11:16 am 

screwedzuki wrote:
MF89 wrote:

As much as i would love to shout to the top of the heavens all the part#s i know that will work in our cars unfortunatly i cannot. but what i can tell you is that Adam over at OCC has the pistons ready to ship in to different compression ratios. you can contact him and he can provide you with all the info you need.

EDITED BY JARDAMUTH

-NO INSULTS ALLOWED-

ITS A STOCK REPLACEMENT PART - ahhh

Why in gods name did you post up you mods here if you're not willing to share the info :roll: Its freaking funny to see that there is so much divison in this lil suzuki forum call teamswift. Everyone here is looking to make a quick buck off of each other :( and in doing so, the Suzuki community will always the regarded as shit :evil:

All raise to DMWdave :wink: My hat is of to him, reason being he has proven that his swift is or one of the fastest in the world and he shares info very willing without trying to make a buck off of it. Good guy.

Check this link here -> http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=860134. Its a honda forum where a guy is using Suzuki Vitara Pistion in his Honda D16Y7 motor and he willing shares the info w/ his online memeber.

Anyhow, I did buy one of your R&D blockguard from OCC Racing. And, as I said before to many other... "United We Stand, Divided We Fall" :([/b]