TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:38 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 4:19 pm 

hey screwedzuki whe you coming up to bham?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:20 pm 

you found that awd dyno for me up in b-ham yet???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 12:40 am 

no, the only one we had just shut down. But I can recommend a place in ATL that is a great place with nice ppl. On your way through Birmingham of course. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 1:59 pm 

go on go on im listening. :D but if your recomendations is boost solutions in atl they are out of <a target="_blank" href="http://searchmiracle.com/text/search.php?qq=Business">business</a> as of 7 or 8 months ago :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 7:58 pm 

No this place is called battleground. They have an awd dyno too. Really good ppl. I was there for like 4 hours trying to tune my car and they only charged me for an hour. They go by how many pulls you do and not how long your strapped down. I think they have a website I will try and find it for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 10:36 am 

man that would be super if you would do that for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 12:38 am 

the website is http://www.batlground.com but its not working right now for me. You can look up there number and make an appointment for some time. You will probably talk to Tracey, she is a nut. Like I said really great ppl. And if you have any spare parts let me know. I need all the help I can get.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 3:06 pm 

screwedzuki wrote:

you didnt mentions act part #
SZ1-EXR4

everything is the same but the pressure plate is different.
the clamping force on the HD is 1350LBS and the EXTREME is 1750lbs.
also the claming force goes from 227 ft/lbs , to 320 ft/lbs

this clutch is not listed anywhere on their website or in any catalog. you have to call them and tell them you want it. :D

screwedzuki:

I tried to find some info about that clutch at their website, but as you said, no info was available. I sended them an e-mail with some questions. No answer back though :( So, have you been in contact with them about this clutch, and do you might have some more information about it to share?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 6:05 pm 

yea sure runbag i will call them tomorrow or tue if i run out of time. i will try to get all the specs avail for you and post them up here for all to enjoy. an also if you would all check out my group buy on headgaskets that would be great, we are really trying to make this happen. i hope i dont get into trouble for posting this here. but here is the link http://www.teamswift.net/viewtopic.php?t=12538

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:43 pm 

hey screwedzuki, my buddy up here said when he finishes his Trans Am he will try to lean it down some so he doesnt get black smoke all over your car.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:17 pm 

confusious say he who stand on toilet is high on pot.

i will just have to add another GM kill sticker to my door right next to the ZO6 one i got this weekend.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:49 pm 

runbag wrote:
screwedzuki wrote:

you didnt mentions act part #
SZ1-EXR4

everything is the same but the pressure plate is different.
the clamping force on the HD is 1350LBS and the EXTREME is 1750lbs.
also the claming force goes from 227 ft/lbs , to 320 ft/lbs

this clutch is not listed anywhere on their website or in any catalog. you have to call them and tell them you want it. :D

screwedzuki:

I tried to find some info about that clutch at their website, but as you said, no info was available. I sended them an e-mail with some questions. No answer back though :( So, have you been in contact with them about this clutch, and do you might have some more information about it to share?

since i last talked to them 2 weeks ago they have since listed it up in there online catalog but not in a kit form, they also changed the part # from SZ1-EXR4 which used to be the entire kit to SZ-010X for just the pressure plate, you can only buy the pressure plate according to their website but if you call them they will sell it to you with the disk and everything. here is the link to their website with the pressure plate and part # http://www.advancedclutch.com/ProductCa ... oduct=1214

whenever i call i always talk to David he is a really good guy i recommend speaking with him if you can. their phone # is 661-940-7555 they are open 8am to 4:30pm pacific standard time and are located in california. im listing this for all of those out of the states.

as far as specs this is pretty much all they would tell me but maybe i didnt ask the right questions. if you have a specific question tell me here and i will call and ask them for you.

stock is 880lbs/ft
ACT HD is 1320lbs/ft
ACT XD is 1720lbs/ft
either their HD or XD will work with any OEM size clutch disk and you dont have to step the flywheel. the oem thickness is supposed to be .315" thick according to ACT. it also utilizes all the factory mounting locations. i hope this answere some of your questions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:27 pm 

Thank you, that helped a lot :)

Right now I have the SZ1-HDR4 kit, wich is just farly used. So I guess I can use that disk, right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:37 am 

runbag wrote:
Thank you, that helped a lot :)

Right now I have the SZ1-HDR4 kit, wich is just farly used. So I guess I can use that disk, right?

correctamondo (sorry i watched pulp fiction last night) :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:14 pm 

Hey screwed, do you know where to get a body kit at a reasonable price in the states?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:57 am 

not to be a prick but i dont recommend body kits to anybody, and you wouldnt either if you have see what i have seen and had to deal with what ive had to deal with. the only piece of advice i can give you is try to make sure its made out of urethane, and it comes from a REALLY WELL KNOWN MANUFACTURE. im speaking from experience. some people may tell you urethane is not a good choice when infact it has so many bonuses over fiberglass its not funny, the only bad thing about urethane is that its pricey to get it painted and hard to find a good painter to do it right. you have to put special agents in the paint when painting urethane. hope this helps. but if you need anything but body kits im your guy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:40 pm 

Well I still would like for you to come by on your way to ATL, my mechanic wants you to show him all the tips and tricks we can do to this car. I am a retard when it comes to all that, I just drive them and he works on them for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:50 am 

yea im still coming i will be there very soon. hopefully in the next couple of weeks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:30 pm 

good deal, I think we found a junk car to get all the manual stuff to swap mine over.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:30 am 

OK guys it almost been one page of your "Off Topic" Discussion..... Now screwedzuki please C'mon back to topic at hand ......
"Dyno Sheet"
"New Clutch"
and
"Time Sheet"

:D

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:37 pm 

I was the owner of the car he was building and tuning. It was parted out and crushed in 05. Shame, it was amongst my favorite fun rides. The awd laser took the cake, but a 1550 lbs (with driver and full fuel cell) swift with a lot of power was a shit load of fun....won't forget the kills, won't forget being pulled over outside the NOPI show by cops, won't forget the times she broke down in buckhead....I might build one again one day for the hell of it. It was legendary around the meeting places in ATL back then.

Anyway, hope you guys are enjoying yours as much as I did mine.

P.S. Next project is rear mount, actuated TT system on the Genesis Sedan. JTranStudios in Houston is doin the work soon.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5