TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:28 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 11:31 am 

MF89 wrote:
screwedzuki wrote:
MF89 wrote:
Interesting.... What is the JE part# of the Pistons?

As much as i would love to shout to the top of the heavens all the part#s i know that will work in our cars unfortunatly i cannot. but what i can tell you is that Adam over at OCC has the pistons ready to ship in to different compression ratios. you can contact him and he can provide you with all the info you need.

ITS A STOCK REPLACEMENT PART - ahhh

Why in gods name did you post up you mods here if you're not willing to share the info :roll: Its freaking funny to see that there is so much divison in this lil suzuki forum call teamswift. Everyone here is looking to make a quick buck off of each other :( and in doing so, the Suzuki community will always the regarded as sh!t :evil:

:(

i am sorry that i have put a bad taste in your mouth but i can assure you that it is not a stock suzi replacement part it is infact made for another car manufacturer altogether, we just happent to know through testing that it will work in our cars. as for not realeasing part #s whats the big deal even if i did tell you what part # it was you would still have to purchase it from somewhere so by not releasing the part # its not costing you anymore money than if we did we are mearly insuring that you will buy the part from OCC. this is good business practice no matter where you. it also allows us to make a few bucks so we can research new and better parts for other parts of the vehicle.

so i guess i really dont know why you are getting all upset do, you get all hostile in the line at wal-mart when they wont give you there suppliers phone # so you can go and buy some twinkies in bulk :?:

and please try to understand that nobody is getting rich off the suzuki guys, im sure if you ask any one of the suppliers on the board that they will tell you if they can make that new hummer payment or mercialago payment off all the parts they sell and the mad markup they get im sure they will laugh and tell you they do it because they love the cars and are lucky to break even

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 11:41 am 

I know its not a stock suzuki replace -DUH :o
And w/ regard to purchasing the pistons, if we have the part number we can buy from who we want and when we want - praise the gods for the internet - Anyhow, you get where I'm coming from 8)
Btw, it would be nice if you post the dyno sheet ... :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 12:02 pm 

MF89 wrote:
I know its not a stock suzuki replace -DUH :o
And w/ regard to purchasing the pistons, if we have the part number we can buy from who we want and when we want - praise the gods for the internet - Anyhow, you get where I'm coming from 8)
Btw, it would be nice if you post the dyno sheet ... :roll:

i do agree with you on the buy what you want when you want but you kind of have to ask your self how you could still acomplish this feat. well here try this have whom ever it is that you want to buy the part from cantact adam he will sell them the part and then you can buy the pistons from that individual. i mean i dont see people all over jess at turbine tech about the parts that he uses for his brakes or oil relocator kit. these too are parts made for other cars that just happen to work on ours maybe sometimes with a little modification. i mean come on what do you want me to do. it happens all over the world in all types of business. i mean most companies dont disclose what parts will cross over from one year to the other model to model ect.

i am in no way trying to bad mouth or critisize jess for his business tactics. i am merly using him as an example because you all know him and trust his parts. please dont take this as me trying to start and argument. as for the dyno sheets i will post them up as soon as i can and again am sorry for delay in producing them

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 12:34 pm 

MF89 wrote:
screwedzuki wrote:
MF89 wrote:
Interesting.... What is the JE part# of the Pistons?

As much as i would love to shout to the top of the heavens all the part#s i know that will work in our cars unfortunatly i cannot. but what i can tell you is that Adam over at OCC has the pistons ready to ship in to different compression ratios. you can contact him and he can provide you with all the info you need.

ITS A STOCK REPLACEMENT PART - ahhh

Why in gods name did you post up you mods here if you're not willing to share the info :roll: Its freaking funny to see that there is so much divison in this lil suzuki forum call teamswift. Everyone here is looking to make a quick buck off of each other :( and in doing so, the Suzuki community will always the regarded as sh!t :evil:

All raise to DMWdave :wink: My hat is of to him, reason being he has proven that his swift is or one of the fastest in the world and he shares info very willing without trying to make a buck off of it. Good guy.

Check this link here -> http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=860134. Its a honda forum where a guy is using Suzuki Vitara Pistion in his Honda D16Y7 motor and he willing shares the info w/ his online memeber.

Anyhow, I did buy one of your R&D blockguard from OCC Racing. And, as I said before to many other... "United We Stand, Divided We Fall" :(

Grow up. It's people like you that give swift owners a bad name. It's also people like you that drive people that make parts for our cars away. He's done all the research and sold it to Adam and all you want to do is reap the benifits without doin any of the leg work. He and Adam have a "gentlemans agreement" not to share the info on the parts as they are a business. You should be a gentleman and respect that and not get pissy about it and post shit like this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 1:48 pm 

SYL23 wrote:
Grow up. It's people like you that give swift owners a bad name. It's also people like you that drive people that make parts for our cars away. He's done all the research and sold it to Adam and all you want to do is reap the benifits without doin any of the leg work. He and Adam have a "gentlemans agreement" not to share the info on the parts as they are a business. You should be a gentleman and respect that and not get pissy about it and post sh!t like this.

Ouch! :cry: my bad ...lets see how far it would get us as a TEAM(swift). 8)

There is so much I can say of this matter but I'll reserve my comments since I do business w/ both Jess and Adam :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 1:50 pm 
The mad quebecer
The mad quebecer

You guys must use a bit more moderation as insults of any kind are strictly prohibited. Be carefull at the way you says things or measures will be taken.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 2:22 pm 

Jardamuth wrote:
You guys must use a bit more moderation as insults of any kind are strictly prohibited. Be carefull at the way you says things or measures will be taken.

thats completly cool buy me i am trying to keep things clean and wholesome by nature and have mearly quoted what was previosly said to me never contirbuting to the derogatory coments

thanks for the props syl23 and thanks for clearing things up and making a clear view of the statement.

if we could please get back to why this started it would be super, thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:20 pm 
Moderator & FAQ King
Moderator & FAQ King

You've obviously figured out how to get the engine to survive high levels of boost. How's your transmission holding up? Are you planning to install an LSD or do other mods to it?

maybe a picture Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 5:12 pm 

Lihtan wrote:
You've obviously figured out how to get the engine to survive high levels of boost. How's your transmission holding up? Are you planning to install an LSD or do other mods to it?

well figuring all that out did take one un explained engine failure + one set of JE pistons that were the wrong compression ratio (let me tell you 11.5 to 1 compression with 8lbs of boost is fast as all get out) resulting in a busted ring land + one individual with a happy boost controll finger. so in all thats 2 motor builds and one head gasket replacement, but i will say this, the motor that is in it now took 30psi (on the old smaller t3) before the head gasket blew with no other engine component failures so i would say it is pretty much bullet proofed.

anyway as for trannies i have a bobo phantom grip in both of them and consantly have a fresh one ready to go, they are extremely cheap to rebuild (parts wise) so im really not to concerend. but it would be nice if somebody made a reasonable dogbox or double synchroed with hardened gears 2nd through 5th. do you have any tips on this subject, that are reasonable and feasable. :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 7:31 pm 

screwedzuki wrote:
anyway as for trannies i have a bobo phantom grip in both of them and consantly have a fresh one ready to go, they are extremely cheap to rebuild (parts wise) so im really not to concerend. but it would be nice if somebody made a reasonable dogbox or double synchroed with hardened gears 2nd through 5th. do you have any tips on this subject, that are reasonable and feasable. :?:

I have broken many many trannies with only 200WHP, diffs cages, gears etc etc.... I am presently doing a conversion to a box that can support 280+HP in stock form and yes, it a factory produce box w/ alot of aftermarket gear kit cheaply and readily avail. All that is need is an adapter plate which you buy ready made for the G13B, fab axels and you're ready to go. Or the other option is, get a 4500+AUD :shock: gear kit for the G13B.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 8:26 pm 

cool thanks i will look into that. :razz:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 9:23 pm 
The mad quebecer
The mad quebecer

screwedzuki wrote:
i mean i dont see people all over jess at turbine tech about the parts that he uses for his brakes or oil relocator kit. these too are parts made for other cars that just happen to work on ours maybe sometimes with a little modification. i mean come on what do you want me to do. it happens all over the world in all types of business. i mean most companies dont disclose what parts will cross over from one year to the other model to model ect.

i am in no way trying to bad mouth or critisize jess for his business tactics. i am merly using him as an example because you all know him and trust his parts.

Using me as an example was not a good idea, especially since you're stating something that is not accurate and unverified from your part. The brakes we're selling require a huge amount of machining and modification. The rear calliper alone is assembled with parts from 3 (three) different vehicles, most of them requiring extensive machining to fit together. Front brakes are even worse as they require a completely custom calliper mount. Our oil adapter is made of CNC'd parts I designed myself. I don't think it count as a 'little mod'. The whole brake saga made me realize the limitation of the average Joe Wrench. Even the simplest explanation may lead to erroneous interpretation if you're not familiar with the mechanic's world. Brakes are expensive, yet critical components, I do not want anybody starting to put together a couple of miscellaneous parts and build some kind of brake setup that will not work or fail, endangering people's life. The very few people that would be capable of fully understand my instructions are perfectly capable of building their own setups without any headers from me.

This being said, I appreciate all the work you've put into your engine, you’re definitely gifted. It's always fun to see someone capable of building nice things. Given my experience, I find it extremely difficult to believe a 250hp claimed output on a stock head with 12 PSI. Not saying that is not true but I will believe it when I see it. I've built several engine myself so I have a pretty good idea of what it take to reach 250hp. As for criticism, By posting on a public forum , you must expect people to give their opinion about your setup. I, for a fact, would be tempted to comment the SSautochrome manifold you've modified but my moderator status and Adam's friendship keep me from doing that.

Honestly, I do not especially like the attitude you're showing in this thread. It may be just me since English is my second language but all this stuff just sound too much like most honda forums I know. I believe that respect must be earned differently than popping up 2-3 times a year to show pictures and let people know about parts you want to sell to them. Before selling anything, I 've been a member of this forum for a long time. If I had received 1¢ for every advice I gave on this forum, PM and e-mails, I would be retired and riding my mountain bike in Costa Rica as we speak.

Anyhow, Keep up the good work and make sure to post those dyno vids.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 9:31 pm 

And uh get it on the dyno before the manifold falls apart.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 12:41 am 
Former TeamSwift Admin
Former TeamSwift Admin

Jardamuth wrote:
...but all this stuff just sound too much like most honda forums I know. I believe that respect must be earned differently than popping up 2-3 times a year to show pictures and let people know about parts you want to sell to them. Before selling anything, I 've been a member of this forum for a long time. If I had received 1¢ for every advice I gave on this forum, PM and e-mails, I would be retired and riding my mountain bike in Costa Rica as we speak..

as for jess, that would have to be 1¢ for every time someone has read your advice, based on the average number of hits per month and percentage of posts you've contributed, that would be what ~$100000 ? or $20.44 if you want a penny for every post you've made :) those who stick around and help out have my respect and the respect of the community.

as for teamswift, this is a community and a club first, and a shared knowledge base second, and like any club or community, respect and friendships are earned over time.

as for clayton, I hope everybody sticks around and finds a way to fit in and be a contributing part of the community, if it doesn't fit for someone, their loss.

trash talking, calling people out, dissing suppliers, writing in all caps, generally disrespecting one another,
<a href="http://www.teamswift.net/viewtopic.php?t=4305">please take a moment to read the forum etiquette thread again</a>, even if you've already done so.

Last edited by n1tr0 on Sun Jan 16, 2005 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 12:45 am 

i am sure i will be banned again for my statements just thought i would let all of you know why i wouldnt be responding or posting anymore if this happens

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 1:30 am 
Moderator & FAQ King
Moderator & FAQ King

screwedzuki wrote:
...anyway as for trannies i have a bobo phantom grip in both of them and consantly have a fresh one ready to go, they are extremely cheap to rebuild (parts wise) so im really not to concerend. but it would be nice if somebody made a reasonable dogbox or double synchroed with hardened gears 2nd through 5th. do you have any tips on this subject, that are reasonable and feasable. :?:

I've killed two trannies already, and I'm not interested in buying anymore of them. I consider the stock Swift transmission to be a lost cause. As soon as I have the ability to do the fabrication work, I'm going to start with a RWD conversion. The tranny from a Samurai is direct bolt-on to the G13B, I and I'm presuming a transmission built for the rock crawling activites of an offroad truck, would work better than the weak econocar trannies we're all stuck with. Samurais also have a large aftermarket selection of gearsets, LSDs, and even diff lockers. I'm not the only one considering going RWD, another member on here Runbag, is dropping in a Getrag tranny and rear end from a BMW into his MK1! :shock: You can read about it here:
http://www.teamswift.net/viewtopic.php?t=9156

maybe a picture Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 10:41 am 

I still think the straight cut gears like Maico is running is the way to go. SCC did an article on straight cut gears in their project sentra that kept the helical cut 5th to cut down on highway noise.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 11:37 am 
Moderator & FAQ King
Moderator & FAQ King

Gear cutting is obscenely expensive though, for most of us, it's easier and cheaper to do the fabrication to make a totally different transmission fit, than get custom internals made for the gearbox.

Maico is offering a straight cut gearbox with LSD though, his thread is here:
http://www.teamswift.net/viewtopic.php?t=9857

Doing a search for maico will also bring up a lot of his other accomplishments and custom work.

maybe a picture Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 12:03 pm 

The usual problem with fabricating custom drivetrain parts is treating the metals for the strength needed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 12:27 pm 

I cannot understand why everyone doubts that this motor can make 250 WHP? I’ve seen others putting out close to the same power levels without people calling them out. Let’s take Kyle’s old Swift (My Swift now) He’s got dyno charts to prove his 200+ WHP. That was done on a beat down worn out motor which spent some time upside down. I know because it was my motor and it came out of my Swift which was rolled. Kyle’s system was built out of anything he could find because it was built on a budget. The only mods done to the motor was bigger injectors, fuel rail, and a Cultus intake manifold. Kyle’s turbo is smaller than the one we used as well. If he can make 200+ WHP on that set-up why can’t this motor make 250 WHP? Every component chosen for this motor was carefully selected to work together. Clay and I probably spent about forty hours on the phone discussing which turbo to run and comparing flow maps, intercooler size, piping size, and just about any other aspect related to putting a turbo onto the motor. I can tell you the turbo makes boost at 3500 rpm and makes full boost at 4200 rpm. That’s 12 psi of boost hitting like a brick wall from 4200 all the way to redline. No boost spikes or lag.

What has been done to the internals of the motor has been stated already. The head has only been flow matched and that’s all. We are still waiting on cams and a custom intake system to get rid of that 130* bend at the throttle body.

Jess he only used you as an example because you are well known around here and respected. He was just trying to convey that when you introduce a product you don’t get flamed for not making its origins publicly known. He wasn’t making any statements about a specific product, just using you in a general term. I know I don’t get on here as much as I wish but I do spend several hours a night answering emails and helping out fellow Swiffers. I also am on countless other forums continuously looking for new ideas and helping others out. I do sell allot to the Suzuki 4X4 crowd so I do spend some time on my other forums and this takes me away from this board.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 12:50 pm 

thanks for all the great info i have received so far. i will be bowing out gracefully now untill i can provide all the factual information you all require ( dyno sheets, video proof, ect) there will be a small wait as the clutch gave up the ghost last night and is slipping so bad i will no longer spin the tires in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd. As i have this info i will let you all know and if anybody is interested in what has been to the car specifically then all you have to do is ask and i will happily list it here for all to see. and i have a suffiecient photo gallery (some old and some new pics) posted up at http://photos.yahoo.com/qualitytint1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 2:06 pm 

screwedzuki, i asked you earlier but you probably didn't see the post, but what is your Torque figure on theat 250whp motor you got?

Also have you modified your timing at that boost levels if so can you tell me what is your retard figure?

degrees retard per psi of boost !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 3:13 pm 

GtiT wrote:
screwedzuki, i asked you earlier but you probably didn't see the post, but what is your Torque figure on theat 250whp motor you got?

Also have you modified your timing at that boost levels if so can you tell me what is your retard figure?

degrees retard per psi of boost !

torque has not been disclosed at this time but will be soon and timing is set at a undisclosed value as well but we will consider releasing it. the reason for the secret of timing it that it may work really well for our car but could work really bad for another. when i can i will post up all of this info that you are asking about but i cannot talk about it yet as the car is still being heavily tuned on and there could still yet be major changes made to the settings of certain things ( fuel curves and timing ) i hope this is an exceptable answere and will not make too many of you mad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 3:26 pm 

Just don't blow the thing up. I want to come see it next time I'm in Dothan (with your permission of course) :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 3:50 pm 

screwedzuki wrote:
torque has not been disclosed at this time but will be soon and timing is set at a undisclosed value as well but we will consider releasing it. the reason for the secret of timing it that it may work really well for our car but could work really bad for another. when i can i will post up all of this info that you are asking about but i cannot talk about it yet as the car is still being heavily tuned on and there could still yet be major changes made to the settings of certain things ( fuel curves and timing ) i hope this is an exceptable answere and will not make too many of you mad.

I understand i ask only because i'm also tuning my car as i have a Microtech stand alone ECU and i would like to know how much further i can go.
Currently i'm at 27 degrees at 16psi, i'm also running about 11:1 air fuel ratio at this point. I also have a water injection kit installed (Aquamist)

on my last dyno pull with a leaking manifold i put down 165whp and 144ft,lb torque on a TDO4L-13g turbo with Stock Heads.

Anyway as soon as you can please let me know what your state of tune is ... i' can also send you my present ECU maps if you want to have a look.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next