TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:20 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:14 am 

sidetracked3 wrote:
Hey clayton, this is Heath, there isnt an all whell dyno here in birmingham anymore. It closed down a few weeks ago. But if you have any other reason to go to b'ham let me know and you can stop by. I still would like you to look at my car and let me know what you think.

thats cool i might cut up to old b-ham on my way to ATL then and just catch 20 over. it will be late jan or early feb before i can come and i wont be on screwedzuki but instead on the 2.4 litre V-8 eater. thats right you can tell your buddy i said it :lol: ask him if he wants a little 700hp AWD shot in the arm. :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:40 am 

GtiT wrote:
Well it always best to go from a rich mixture to a lean mixture.

And we both have a Water injection kit installed , So i know your 14:1 AFR is obtainable. with proper tuning.

Man i tell you screwedzuki you have given me some inspiration to finally go out and dyno tune my ECU to see what sort of power i can make.

1500 degrees F hmmm have you ever thought of injecting a mixture of Water/Alcohol .... this would help to keep combustion chamber temperature low and EGT's low as well.

I'm happy to see you sharing information screwedzuki .... hopefully we can see some of your parts available through one of our suppliers.

I personally interested in the
Cam Gears
Block Guard
I preffer Jardamuths Exhaust Manifold thou 8)

Adam has the cam gears now as far as i know and is trying to get together a group buy on the block guards i think. you can contact him here http://www.occracing.com/ an yes jardamuth makes an excelent manifold.

as for the water\alcohol injection i am wondering what type of alcohol you are talking about as i dont have experience using it as an automtive fuel only as a human kick starter :twisted: But no really i have to mix alcohol into my water injection unit anyway to keep the water from freezing and one of the cheap ways of doing this ( since buying alcohol outright is kind of expensive) is to go to the parts store and buy the cheap blue winshield wiper fluid as all it is, is mostly water with some alcohol added and a little blue dye, which will not hurt your motor at all.

but we have not even started tuning with the water injection kit yet on this car and have not had the need to turn it on. when we start going to 15psi+ then it will become a factor. as i stated before we are getting 1200f temps now on 12-13psi all day everyday with a ambient air temp of 60deg f. which calculates into a densor charge and higher EGTs so everything is going great as of now.

and if all it takes is a little insparation to get people motivated to improve there cars then i would be so happy. im glad i could be of some help to you gtit like i said before i will help you out anytime i can. you are a shining example of how somebody with doubts of somebody elses claims should handle themselves in the quest to find out information. you never once called me a liar, crack head, blue chested warbler, spider monkey, or any other derogatory name. but instead you asked legitmate technicall questions reguarding the subject at hand and always backing up your questions with the information you had or were in question of. and im not saying others on here didnt do the same thing, because there are alot of smart, inteligent, performance minded people on this board. im simply singling you out because you have followed this thread from the begginning to now and have had many chances to join in the chastizing and havent.

GOOD JOB :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 1:28 pm 

Screwedzuki, thanks for the kind words also as i stated before its all about increasing the knowledge base, lets keep the information flowing.

About the water/alcohol injection.
By Alcohol i'm talking about isopropyl alcohol (Rubbing Alcohol)
With the Aquamist system that i have i can run a 50/50 mix water/alcohol for good detonation suppressant and also to aid in decreasing the freezing point of your water.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 5:21 pm 

yes that is the alcohol i have used in the past and also the kind that is used in the windshield wiper fluid. i apreciate the heads up and was planning on using alcohol mixture anyway. what octane fuel are you running?? and are you using the stock throttle bodie or nissan. and also what fuel injectors and pump are you running. last but not least what FPR are you using and what is your fuel pressure set at. just wondering just to see how far you can take your current set up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 5:57 pm 

LMAO, well you might want to rethink that statement. He is still working on his project car but when its done theres not going to be to much that will touch it. He will have a little more than 700 hp when hes done. but you never know, but it would be a race I would love to see.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 6:13 pm 

ahhh its statements like that, that really keep me going and make it a joy to wake up in the morning. sniff sniff do i smell a chanlenge. well to ad insult to injury i will make the 3.5 hour drive up there hand him his :twisted: and drive 3.5 hours back. now that is a real car. and you never know i might swap in turbonetics part # 30648 T-100 that flows 180lbs\min at 2.9bar or 42.63psi and swap in the 4 1600cc injectors ive got laying here. Probably have to spray a 300 shot on it to get it to spool but hey what ever it takes. give me an idea of his hp figures or hopes. and yes my engine can handle that kind of psi. but hey we are probably going to get into trouble talking about DSMs and mustangs here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 6:18 pm 

Well hes building a twin turbo charged trans am that should push close to 1000hp when all said and done. It will be a while b4 hes finished b/c he doesnt get alot of time to work on his own cars. But does have another Trans am that is pushing about 500-600 hp now. If you get to come up you can check them out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:28 pm 

screwedzuki wrote:
yes that is the alcohol i have used in the past and also the kind that is used in the windshield wiper fluid.

When I had my mobile fleet service I made my own wiper fluid and we used Methanol. Most of the guys I know around here that are using water injector setups use methanol. Works good and it's pretty cheap. I was getting 55 gallon drums for $100. Interesting that your using wiper fluid in your mister. The stuff I mixed in with the water and Methanol was more than just blue dye. It had some kind of detergent and some other nasty crap in it. Definitely didn't look like something I'd want to run through my engine but if it works, it works.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:50 am 

screwedzuki wrote:
yes that is the alcohol i have used in the past and also the kind that is used in the windshield wiper fluid. i apreciate the heads up and was planning on using alcohol mixture anyway. what octane fuel are you running?? and are you using the stock throttle bodie or nissan. and also what fuel injectors and pump are you running. last but not least what FPR are you using and what is your fuel pressure set at. just wondering just to see how far you can take your current set up.

The highest Octane we have in Jamaica is 90 (piss fuel)
I've installed the Nissan SR20 TB
Fuel injectors are Toyota 4AGZE 365cc injectors
The fuel pump is tricky as the stock unit has been changed in favour of a larger suzuki pump which model i don't know i only know that it flow more than a GTi pump, i got it years ago from the suzuki dealers.

FPR ... i have none i'm using the stock suzuki units but my stand alone can adjust the cycle of the fuel pump and adjust the percentage spray. so fueling isn't a problem, "At this Point"

I don't remember my fuel pressure as i took a reading some time ago and compared it to others on this board and found that it was on the high side, as to the actual figure i don't remember.

As i said before with water/alcohol injection active under full boost i am getting a 11:1 AFR. (This was about 7 months ago when i did my last dyno pull)

100% Methanol is the next method of injection that i want to do.
when the methanol starts to spray i would lessen the injector opening time so as to lean out the fuel mixture (AFR) then the mehanol will take over fueling duty with an added advantage of a great gain in power.

Tried and proven method with supras, Evos, imprezas, etc. :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:27 am 

yes that is definatly some poor fuel. i wouldnt run that in my car unless i lived in jamica and thats all they had :lol:

i would be very cautious with that fuel and the amount of timing you are running as we have a very clean 93 octane here so its not as big an issue with me, and i can purchase drums of 120 octane from a local supplier.

as for your injectors they look to be good sizing and should be able to support 281.853281853hp ruffly :razz:

as for the fuel pump i would think of putting in a pump from a turbo dsm 89-94 as the stocker will support 300+hp, its a direct fit replacement, it is cheap, and you will always be able to look back and know what fuel pump you had. i would just be concerened that you might only have a 10% better flowing fuel pump in there now becasue suzi makes no production cars that make anywhere near the hp#s we are.

methanol sounds like a good choice and has a lot of +s when you get down to the nitty gritty. as for you still running your stock fuel rail and regulator you need to get away from that P.O.S. as soon as possible.

as for what syl23 stated about the blue washer fluid having some kind of detergent in it this is a brand that is truly only water, alcohol, and blue dye. its like $2.99 a gallon and is clean with no floaters in it. and i have yet to have anyprblems with it. im not the only one running it as there is a sticky about it one of the dsm forums.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:15 am 

Any updates on the developments of this vehicle?
Hows the alternator?

Dyno sheets?

Etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:45 am 

GtiT wrote:
Any updates on the developments of this vehicle?
Hows the alternator?

Dyno sheets?

Etc.

as i stated earlier i have to get a new clutch in it. i have a pos center force that i can limp around on but i am working with act to get a special clutch made so i dont know when i will be able to put up dyno sheets or post any updates on it. but as soon as i know you will know. and the alternator is the same as it has always been, insufficient

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:48 am 

oh and to let you all know the clutchs last bit of life went to waxing a solidly modded 92 GSX from a stop and from a roll. there was a guy there with a video camera there i will see if i can get the footage and upload it here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:20 pm 

good kill. centorforce is garbage my dual friction(which centerforce claims is the baddest clutch) slips at 5 psi when the boost comes in but starts to grip again at high rpms i have now purchased an act pressure plate and a clutchnet six puck sprung hubbed copper disc which is supposed to eliminate the problem, ill let you know how it works when i put it in

(centerforce clutch was broken in properly on a freshly ground flywheel)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 3:22 pm 

Heh, my centerforce feels like a torque converter sometimes. Engine stalls at 5000rpm but the car still accelerates.

The C.A.P clutch arrived today, I'll try to install it next month or something

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 3:31 pm 

92bo0stedGT wrote:
good kill. centorforce is garbage my dual friction(which centerforce claims is the baddest clutch) slips at 5 psi when the boost comes in but starts to grip again at high rpms i have now purchased an act pressure plate and a clutchnet six puck sprung hubbed copper disc which is supposed to eliminate the problem, ill let you know how it works when i put it in

(centerforce clutch was broken in properly on a freshly ground flywheel)

yes it is garbage. i just rosted the act extreme 4 puck with a 1750lb pressure plate, and that is why it is back on the car just so i can put arround, but it wont even think of holding 6psi. as for it feeling like a torque converter it is most likely contaminated and there is oil or gear lube getting on it somehow as i have had that problem in the suzi once before, and thats how it felt.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 5:54 pm 
The mad quebecer
The mad quebecer

I've been testing the SPEC stage 2 clutch on the turbo sidekick and it hold very nicely, even if engagment is a bit harsh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:53 pm 

SZ1-HDR4
SKU: 83705500735

This kit includes these components:
SZ-010 - Heavy Duty Pressure Plate
4P190I - 4 Pad Race Disc
RB454 - Release Bearing
PB1003 - Pilot Bearing
ATGM3 - Alignment Tool
Torque Capacity: 227 ft/lbs

That is the specs for the ACT 4 puck clutch with ACT pressure plate ..

and if your slipping that baby clearly your over the above stated Torque .... thats 227 ft/lbs if you didn't see above.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:59 am 

GtiT wrote:
SZ1-HDR4
SKU: 83705500735

This kit includes these components:
SZ-010 - Heavy Duty Pressure Plate
4P190I - 4 Pad Race Disc
RB454 - Release Bearing
PB1003 - Pilot Bearing
ATGM3 - Alignment Tool
Torque Capacity: 227 ft/lbs

That is the specs for the ACT 4 puck clutch with ACT pressure plate ..

and if your slipping that baby clearly your over the above stated Torque .... thats 227 ft/lbs if you didn't see above.

you didnt mentions act part #
SZ1-EXR4

everything is the same but the pressure plate is different.
the clamping force on the HD is 1350LBS and the EXTREME is 1750lbs.
also the claming force goes from 227 ft/lbs , to 320 ft/lbs

this clutch is not listed anywhere on their website or in any catalog. you have to call them and tell them you want it. :D

and yes i am aware of the torque capacity and how much it takes to slip it, just another reason to to bullet proof the clutch with something speclial from act.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:05 am 

Good Lord man, your slipping that !

{faint}

Oh i just realise that its the centerforece thats slipping ..Whew

ACT should hold you GOOD :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 5:35 pm 

GtiT wrote:
Good Lord man, your slipping that !

{faint}

Oh i just realise that its the centerforece thats slipping ..Whew

ACT should hold you GOOD :lol:

no i put the centerforce back in the car 4 days ago so the car is moveable because i fried the act SZ1-HDR4 last week so now you see the power related problems i am having. but i will soon be going with the SZ1-EXR4 or something a little better. :twisted:

as for the SZ1_HDR4 holding me good, it held me great untill i put this big stinkin turbo on it. heh heh heh :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 8:03 am 

hey screwedzuki, i have a feeling that you won't let go the ansewr for this next question, but what the hell let me ask anyway. :D
What are the specs for that turbo?
*A/R ratios?

also i'm planning on using a T3 for my next upgrade... but should i use a .48 or jump to the Super 60 ?

I clearly will be running let boost with this turbo upgrade also i will definatly chnage my fuel pressure ergulators and look into a fuel pump.

But tell me about your turbo if you can! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:16 am 

sure man here are the specs on the turbo and i can sell anyone who wants one for $400US + shipping

its a t3 hybrid 57 trim

T3/ T4OE TURBOCHARGER,3" INLET DIAMETER, 2" OUTLET, WET FLOATING BEARINGS,

50 A/R COMPRESSOR

.63 A/R TURBINE

.57 TRIM

TURBINE WHEEL:

EXDUCER: 2.48"
MAYOR : 2.89"

COMPRESSOR WHEEL :

EXDUCER: 2.07"
MAYOR : 2.36"

HAS A HOLE FOR INTERNAL GATE APPLICATIONS IF YOU WANT TO USE A T3/T4 WITH AN INTERNAL ACTUATOR - YOU CAN OR YOU CAN USE THIS WITH AN EXTERNAL GATE

sorry about the all caps its a copy and paste thing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:21 am 

But here is the turbo i would recommend for most suzi entusiast out there as there wont be too much lag and the power potential is nuts. I can sell this turbo to anybody that wants it for $400U.S. + shipping as well and all the turbos i sell are brand new never rebuilt, and come with no less than a 1 year warranty and sometimes a 2 year warranty.

T3 45 TRIM TURBOCHARGER

45 trim (21lb/min)

AWSOME SPOOLING RATIO

2.36" INLET DIAMETER

2" OUTLET

WET FLOATING BEARINGS

1/8 NPT OIL INLET

T3 / T4 FOOTPRINT OK !!

FITS T3 AND T3/T4 MANIFOLDS

42 A/R COMPRESSOR

.48 A/R TURBINE, YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT FAST SPOOL

THIS TURBO CAN EASILY DO 25 psi

TURBINE WHEEL: TO4B

EXDUCER: 1.91"
MAYOR : 2.48"

COMPRESSOR WHEEL :

EXDUCER: 1.86"
MAYOR : 2.36"

im telling yall this thing will be bad

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:01 pm 

ok screwedzuki, it been too long ... whats the latest on your bad boy?

Dyno sheets
Clutch
etc...

BTW did you use stock head gaskets with your ARP studs? or did you up the ante and use a metal head gasket?

I ask due to the added clamping force with the ARP and head warpage effects and such.

egerly awaiting responce. :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next