TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:32 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2002 11:12 pm 
A few days ago I installed a custom made cerametallic clutch in a very well known tuning shop here in Greece.<br>Oh, the clutch is just perfect by the way.<br>Anyway we talked a bit and he offered to turbocharge<br>my 1.6 lt sedan with a garret turbine and a custom made intercooler just with a 0,4 to 0,5 bar pressure.<br>Of course the package includes everything including new sparks, gasket, programme, fuel pump and gti's rear discbrakes and other stuff i can't remember.<br>He estimated about 130 hp.<br>Any ideas about something else i might need like an oil cooler or maybe another car's intercooler that might work.<br>Anyway I'm really excited and I'm about to do it next year hopefully, even if my car has done 185.000 klm's so far.<br>Any help and suggestions would me more that welcome.<br>C'mon you turbo guys help the poor suzuki sedan owner out of his misery. <p></p><i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2002 1:34 pm 
Please be aware the 1.6 sohc head has a habit of cracking at high mileage.<br>The brakes won't increase you're braking.<br>you might want to have a look at <!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.madzuki.com">www.madzuki.com</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>Iain <p></p><i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2002 9:29 pm 
hey man, i have a great turbo header for you, it was on my baleno 1.6lt and it cost me $450 (brand new) and i'm selling it if your interested we could talk about some numbers, ok????<br><br>take care <p></p><i></i>

Post subject: Hmmm..
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2002 3:09 pm 
I have read that the head tends to crack but mine is (still) in perfect condition.<br>What I'm really worried about is whether the transmission can handle all that extra power you know the tranny and stuff.<br>Anyway the turbo is gonna be installed next year so I'll check the engine thoroughly then.<br>It's gonna have more than 200.000 klm though !!<br>Is there anyone out there who has ever turbocharged the G16A? (not using a 1.3 twincam head)<br>I've spent a lot of time money and effort on that car to make it handle and look nice what it needs is some Hp. <p></p><i></i>