TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:19 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2002 1:54 am 
Teamswift Racer

Hi,<br>Anyone Know if you can buy a decompression plate or thick head gasket to lower compession on g13b,prefer in australia?<br> Cheers Dave <p></p><i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2002 7:09 am 

AVO in Aus used to list one . I contacted them about it once and they suggested just using two stock head gaskets. Don't know what the revised CR would be with either mod. I'm sure someone on here knows the math to be able to figure it out. <p></p><i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2002 10:14 am 
If you want to lower compression you're better off reprofiling the chamber to get rid of some of the masking round the valves.<br><br>Iain <p></p><i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2002 12:08 pm 
RZM sells a copper headgasket for the G13B. I think it come in 3 different thickness. .040, .080, ??? So using a thick one will lower your compression. Ask Bolivar, I'm sure he knows better. <p></p><i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2002 7:24 pm 
the avo decompression plate uses 2 standar gasket on both side of the deco plate. it depends on how much you want to get.<br>Iain, i have made numbers already, i think it´s quite a lot what i need to remove, does it guide to over heating head too???<br><br> <p>Oscar Bartol. Madrid (Spain).</p><i></i>

Post subject: Head gasket
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2002 4:43 am 

Dave,<br><br>Im over in Perth and quite often see an add in Fast Fours and Rotaries for these copper head gaskets. You may need to add vernier gears to the cams to get your timing right, if you lift the head too high. It my opinion, it is a shitty way to lower the compression. If you have/or are going the turbo, then as others have suggested, I would go the G16 piston route.<br><br>Shane <p></p><i></i>