TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:02 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: de-compression plate
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2002 11:34 am 
Hey everyone,<br>does anyone here know where I can get a plate to lower the plate to lower the compression. <p></p><i></i>

Post subject: Avo
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2002 8:57 am 
http://www.avoturbo.com<br><br>Thanks<br>Nick <p></p><i></i>

Post subject: Re: de-compression plate
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2002 5:45 pm 
Senior Swift Guru

you might also consider adjustable cam gears if you are going that route. You're going to be changing the height of things, and it would be best to tune.<br> <p><br><br><br>Kyle Jones <b><br>Your friendly TeamSwift Op.<br>NOS-Fed, Turbo almost done 1989 Suzuki Swift GTi</b><br></p><i></i>

Post subject: Re: de-compression plate
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2002 5:46 pm 
Senior Swift Guru

you might also consider adjustable cam gears if you are going that route. You're going to be changing the height of things, and it would be best to tune.<br> <p><br><br><br>Kyle Jones <b><br>Your friendly TeamSwift Op.<br>NOS-Fed, Turbo almost done 1989 Suzuki Swift GTi</b><br></p><i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2002 6:33 pm 
I was wondering what the prices of cam gears are the only ones I have seen are the ones on ssgti and they seem to be over priced on everything. I am going to use a seperate ignition system, like msd 6btm. I am also going to maybe try building one of these stand alone fuel computers I seen it is called mega squirter because I am an electronics engineering student here in calgary. Or else I am going to use a sds maybe. <p></p><i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 9:44 pm 

Swiftgtx, email me and I'll show you the adjustable cam gears. I'm in calgary as well. I'm still waiting on pricing but they'll be definitly cheaper the SSGTI.<br><br>ADam <p></p><i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 3:27 am 

Hey maybe I´m also interest... what do i need to do?<br><br>Now back to the topic... Can anyone tell me how does a decompression plate work?<br>Is a decompression plate a "thing" that add high between the head and the block?<br>Because if you add high between the head and the block you gonna low the efficience off the cilinder chamber, so you gonna low de compression and the compression rate, correct?<br><br>Thank´s<br>Gonçalo M.<br> <p></p><i></i>