TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:46 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:40 pm 

Ive tried searching but seems to be no info on numbers or work done to 6v turbos.

The only one I found was that an 6v 1.0 litre 3 cylinder can make 166hp reliably with a gt20.

can anyone point me to a few links?

g10a 6v + turbo = 166hp (gt20) 210+ max?
g13a 8v + turbo = ?
g13ba 8v + turbo = ?
g13b 16v + turbo = 400+hp max? (gonzales)
g13bb 16v + turbo = ?
g16a/g13b head hybrid 16v + turbo = 400hp + by 2 = 800hp + (monster tajima cultus pikes peak)
g16b 16v + turbo = 200hp+ (jardamuth?)
g16a + honda crank + turbo = ?
g16a + honda crank in NA = ?

Last edited by d on Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:13 pm 

What is reliable for you?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:51 am 

120 per cent the original factory output but in most cases double should be fine.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:35 am 

You can add this to you list.

On stock head gasket the swift will handle about 156whp/185bhp. This is what I dynoed just before I blew the head gasket in 4th gear. Of course this was without any tuning at all, but I believe the stock head gasket is weak to go further than that. I already bought a metallic one for my new boost buildup which I plan to reach 200whp.

I also have heard report from gusgti (redlinegti.com) which blew head gasket around same power figures.

Here's proof:

As for gonzalez, I wouldnt trust that much, he probably had good fuel and lots of good tuning.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:09 pm 

Thank you Ricardo not bad for a micro engine not designed for boost.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:24 pm 
Sad but True...

sweet so how do those two extra valves work on the g10? is it like vtak??

I'm building what I think to be reliable (now) with 150wheel. 180+ sometimes

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:50 pm 

anyone out there want to input any figures?

maybe with normal head gasket limits and with custom head gaskets and/or O ringing.

No vtech on suzi G series engines ever but maybe the Indians could design a 3 valver for the G series in the future
as the G series is a better quality engine compared to modern M series.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:18 am 
2" weiner

im just putting a note here, when my engine is complete, ill post figures for the G16B + Honda crank turbo.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:53 pm 

166 Horsepower in a G10? I'll Gladly Take that and use it in my Geo Metro 4Dr. However, my other Question still Stands. Will California, CARB, and the California Highway Patrol have a Problem with this setup in my Geo Metro? And, also, What Kind of Money are We Talking About here? Can I do the Conversion on a Poor Man's Budget, or do I need to Have T3ragtop's Financial Power? Just Wanna Know as I'm Sick of Taking Crap from these Asshole L.A. and California Drivers and I am sorry to say that 55 Horsepower and 57 Ft./Lbs. just doesn't cut it anymore in this Sucky 2000s/2010s decade generation. I need to Substantially Drop my Power to Weight Ratio to about 10 or 12 pwr like everyone else. And at my
Current pwr of 32 (Too Damn High!) It's very Hard to Cope. Just my 2 Cents, Thanks. Richard, '90 Metro.
Also, I have the Worst Case Scenario: Automatic and Air Conditioning. I'll take All the Horsepower I can Get!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:48 am 

Did anyone ever told you to change your metro? You should buy a chevy silverado it's much faster than a metro ;)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:37 pm 

Richard in Encino,

California is right now trying to pass a zero mods smog law that will go into effect this coming Jan. Currently, The only thing you can show a smog station is bone stock in order to pass the visual inspection (with the exception of Executive Order exempted parts with documentation, but you don't see any of those for g10's now, do you??) regardless of how clean the sniffer reads.

But wait, it gets worse. Last Jan, they enacted a law that says " since too many Geo's (and presumably a lot of other affordable older makes and models) failed smog overall, all Geo's will be handled like "gross polluters" and can only be smogged at "test only" stations that are not allowed to make repairs, and not allowed to "pre-test". For Non Californians, a pre test is the only way to not have instantaneous results transmitted to the state capitol, marking you immediately in real time as a "gross polluter" and all the harassment that entails. F$%kin Nazis. Richard, you live in a Police State. Get used to it, or move out of state. All our neighboring states are mod friendly, good luck finding a comparable job....

Or you can do like I do, smog that bitch bone stock every two years, and then spend a weekend converting back to your pile of hotrod stuff (see my sig). Keep your exhaust quiet and the CHP won't make you pop the hood. If the CHP do pop the hood and see obvious chrome/red/blue ebay blow off valves and silocone tubing, they will ticket you. But if you use boring unpainted unplated unchromed "stock looking" parts, they won't know the difference. Black is good, raw weather beaten aluminum is good, live by it.

Buy your local smog guy some beer towards the end of his shift, and let him run his mouth about his business, how f$%ked up the state is, and listen and learn. Then apply that intel to your hotrodding, and outmanuoever the enemy.

Check out my write up on Lil Evil becoming a cultus to see how I swap back and forth from '90 ECU and harness and hard parts to '97 OBDII ECU and harness and hard parts and pass smog just fine every 2 years for about a week of back breaking labor.

Lose the auto, you can't win ever with a slushbox. Get a junkyard 5 speed, and keep the A/C. Follow "Bad Bent" for a practical normally aspirated build up that won't break the bank but will get you the power to survive. Check with swift13b for a complete t3 setup for around a grand that looks stock (because it is stock in Canada) that Johnny Law won't spot, and keep your smog legal TBI in a box like I do. 70 horse is plenty, doesn't break parts, and may not require premium 91 (which I notice has climbed back to $3.25 these days).

Cheers.

F/S 89 Swift GTi body only
F/S 92 Tracker 2 dr rwd stock
93 Sidekick 4 dr 1.9 vw TD, WVO conversion, 6" lift over 33's

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:01 am 

oh my god, Oh, My God, OH MY GAWD!!! I Cain't Believe It!! Oh, Boo! HOOO!! I Think I'm Gonna Go Into My Little Ol'e Room and Cry My Little Space Thong Bikini Off!! AAAUGH!! 87octane, you mean to tell me that the Communist Hitler Party and CARB and the Heil Hitler Communist State won't Let Me Increase the Horsepower of my Geo Metro? I Cain't Believe It! I'm Stuck with 55 Horsepower and 32 Pounds Per Horsepower! Oh, Jeez Louise!! That just about Kills my Day. I think I'm Gonna go into my Room and Pout to My Heart's Content! Boy, that Ocifer Okumura don't Mess around does he??

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:37 am 

Hey all!

Got some ???'s along the line of the OP's... can't top any comments like, "My Little Space Thong Bikini" though.

Bad visual...

Anyway, I'm new to the Suzuki world (but not to wallet-emptying cars), and curious as to where guys find limits of stuff. Assuming that timing and mixture are correct... at what point do guys start finding repeated parts attrition?

I know that rattling an engine under 15# with a lean condition can break parts that will live fine at 25# boost w/ a good tune, so I'm looking for where things get flaky even if the tune is correct.

For instance, guys with 440 Chryslers can bolt on heads that will support more HP than the stock block will continuously withstand. At 700+ HP, you're looking at sonic checking blocks 'til you get a good one, doing a short fill of the water jackets, aluminum main caps w/ girdle, and praying regularly. They don't ALL break at that point, but you see plenty that do...

So, how high do guys spin engines with stock G10, G13 and GTI pistons? At what RPM do guys start having problems w/ the rods using unlightened pistons?

And, how hard can you lay the grinder to the G10 heads? If a guy says "screw low end torque", can the heads support major breathing increases? Do they have some bottlenecks that just don't seem to allow improvement (like water jackets or bolt bosses, etc)?

How 'bout block/main cap issues? Coming from a MoPar background, that's something I'd be interested to know...

Also, I've heard that the transaxles were a weak point in these cars; as little as I like putting an A/T in a 1500# car with a 1.0L engine - do the slushboxes hold up? I know the one I put in my last Metro seemed to weigh at least as much as the engine! I'd had the thought that an automatic might actually hold up to the power, and be gentler on the rest of the drivetrain to boot. Of course, it's going to soak up some power itself (and weigh a short ton).

-Bill

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:37 pm 

Richard Kaltenbach wrote:
oh my god, Oh, My God, OH MY GAWD!!! I Cain't Believe It!! Oh, Boo! HOOO!! I Think I'm Gonna Go Into My Little Ol'e Room and Cry My Little Space Thong Bikini Off!! AAAUGH!! 87octane, you mean to tell me that the Communist Hitler Party and CARB and the Heil Hitler Communist State won't Let Me Increase the Horsepower of my Geo Metro? I Cain't Believe It! I'm Stuck with 55 Horsepower and 32 Pounds Per Horsepower! Oh, Jeez Louise!! That just about Kills my Day. I think I'm Gonna go into my Room and Pout to My Heart's Content! Boy, that Ocifer Okumura don't Mess around does he??

Why do you think I left the Communist 'Republic' of Kalifornia? :roll:

Well, it was the taxes, actually. But the mod un-friendly atmosphere made it much easier.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:54 am 

bump

can anyone help me with a link of info on a stock g13ba, g13a or other 8v 1.3 with boost?
Im trying to see what performance can be attained from an 8v head worked or not.