TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:25 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Turbo metro #2
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:52 am 

My 92 turbo G10 automatic metro still runs, but I am craving a bit more. I have a 95 5 speed with a shot g10. I have another g10 that I was building with a gt15 turbo, I ordered 3 t3 rods pistons, but they were either damaged in shipping or had severe detonation pits near the top ring. I was debating having the block bored to 75mm and taking the bad pistons off the t3 rods and replacing them with 8.5:1 Vitara pistons. I have megasquirt 2 for fuel management and a 1.6 injector loaded into the stock g10 throttle body.

Option #2

I have been tossing around this idea because I am not neck deep into the G10 engine, yet.... I was considering the SOHC 16v 1.3 simply because it has the individual injectors and because it has nearly the same hp stock as my built up g10 would have, so I have more room to grow.
Ideas for this engine:
-use the t3 rods and vitara 8.5 pistons
-lumpy cam from mike (still love that 265 in my g10!!!)
-Gt2871r
-Copper head gasket from suzukird
-megasquirt 2

So I ask my friends at team swift:
-will the rods from the t3 fit the crank of the g13 16v sohc?
-I thought I read somewhere that the rods in the 99-2001 g13 are the same as the gt engine/g10t, is that true?
-I am kinda stuck on the gt2871, shoot I have a t25 on my g10, is this a tad overkill?
-How do I trigger megasquirt on the 16v sohc engine, I don't know how the stock ecu gets the CMP signal.

Thanks.....
Robert

Post subject: Re: Turbo metro #2
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:50 pm 
Suzuki Elder

the sohc 16v engine in the 99 and 2000 metro has a crank trigger and a cam angle trigger along with cop type electronic distributorless ignition on the 2000. that would be easy to run with a megasquirt.

i don't think that the rods would be a problem and the vitara pistons would probably work fine after you popped the holes bigger by a mm. personally, i think the sohc engine would be a great candidate for a turbo and megasquirt.

My Turbo3 Project
My Cardomain Page -Ol' Blue
My YouTube Channel
My Photo Gallery
SAAB Sonett II

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:05 pm 

@rag

Thanks for the info. I pm'd a guy about some mk1 t3 pistons, are the rods still the same among the years or were there a different set per year? As you can tell, I am kinda stuck on matching the rods as best as possible.

16v, here I come!!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:10 pm 

the rods fit no promblem. look mr.pipe's thread with the stock SOHC rods, they won't hold up boost.

the ignition system is not COP, it's wasted-spark. 2 coils. they are mounted on a plug and a wire goes to the matching cylinder. with MS2 it's only a matter of wiring in the crank VR and set ignition input to 36-2-2-2 with 0 offset. should start right up with the wasted spark setting. disregard the cam sensor.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:38 pm 

@Turbo

Thanks, I was unsure what to use to trigger the MS from. On the g10 it was going to be easy! :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:56 pm 

Metro number 2 is now going to be a 1989 Swift gt-i ................... craigslist special!!!!!

the only thing that blows is that it is one of the automatic gt-i s but, hey, who cares when I can transplant that motor into another car or add the 5 speed from my 95 to it??!?!

lol, going from the "small block" to the "big block" :D :D :D :D :D