TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:19 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Oil feed, water
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:26 pm 

Oil
I have K03 turbo from Audi 1.8T. K03 is slide bearing, sealant is made of steel. This model of turbo requires oil pressure 1.5bar (22psi) at iddle and 4.5bar (65psi) at WOT, so required pressure is about the same as ours gti's oil pressure. I read many posts at TeamSwift and I found some info
Quote:
I connected the turbo oil feed from a plug located above and to the left of the exhaust manifold,

and
Quote:
You should take the feed at the plug just above the 'big' hole, on the side of the block or at the plug next to the pressure gauge hole. The one on the side of the block is easier to work on tho..

So i matched first option on the pisture using green arrow, and second by red.
Which option is better for my turbo?
Where schould I instal a oil pressure sensor?
I would like to instal oil cooler, oil filter hole is a good idea?

Water
Jardamuth:
Quote:
There is a perfect place for the feed located on the thermostat housing. There should be a plug or a unused sensor (for A/C) perfect for that purpose. As for the return, it would be preferable to weld a bung on the water pickup tube on the back of the engine to run the coolant back in the engine.

Water supply is no problem but wher in the block I have to connect water return line?

Attachments:
engine.jpg
engine.jpg [ 167.67 KIB | Viewed 1472 times ]

Post subject: Re: Oil feed, water
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:44 pm 

on the Turbo kit I used from AVO (Australia), we went with a supply for the oil taken from the location no. 4 on your photo. buy a 'T' fitting, and thread the oil pressure switch into one of the available ports. the other port will be fine for an Oil supply to the Turbo.

The water supply should originate from the 5/16" water outlet above the large connection pipe that feeds the top tank of the radiator. after the turbo, you should plumb the water line up to one of the 5/16" pipes on the cold start valve that resides on the back of the intake manifold. the other 5/16" port on the Cold start valve goes directly to a 5/16" port on the large water pipe which runs along the engine block connecting to the water pump housing. This pipe is just below the Intake manifold.

I hope you understand my English. Good luck!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:00 am 

Thanks!

Quote:
The water supply should originate from the 5/16" water outlet above the large connection pipe that feeds the top tank of the radiator.

Do you mean nr 1?

Attachments:
water1.jpg
water1.jpg [ 119.22 KIB | Viewed 1374 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:34 pm 

sorry, I meant the smaller hose connection at the water elbow. see the diagram below.