TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:23 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:14 pm 

hello hows it going i just bought a 1993 geo metro hatchback with the 3cyl and 5 speed i am looking to put a 3tech head on it with a cam to suit a turbo also ive been trying to find forged pistion kit and stuff to build the bottom end to make it stronger dont know if anyone has came out with a kit or somthing im just looking for some help found a turbo kit on ebay for the turbo,turbo cooler,piping,blow off valves and stuff,its got a t3t4 turbo that comes with it not sure if its really good or not but just looking for some help also wanting to replace the clutch with a stage 3 clutch so there is no slippage all in all im wanting to be able to push 25 to 30 psi on the turbo and try and atleast run 13s :twisted: any help would be great my budget is looking to be round 2 to 3Gs depending on if the wife finds out or not lol

BLOWN HEAD BAD TRANS ...

REBUILD IN PROGRESS..........SLOW AND STEADY NUMBER 1 !

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:37 pm 

well ive been doing some research im looking at getting suprf1ys 3tech head with alittle bit smaller cam than the 226/375 he has and the +6 sprocket but i was wondering if anyone knows where i can get some forged inverted pistons for the turbo i want to run on it

BLOWN HEAD BAD TRANS ...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:38 pm 

ok so i found some forged pistons for a swift but not for a metro and they are wanting like 600 bucks crazy crazy prices so i think im just gonna put the stage 3 clutch the 3tech head with the preformance cam and +6 sprocket and add the turbo system and run it on bout 7psi of boost tell the motor starts to give up the ghost or untell i rebuild another motor on the side and im also thinking bout boring it .40 over what do yall think

BLOWN HEAD BAD TRANS ...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:50 pm 
Island Inbreeder

mitzoplix wrote:
ok so i found some forged pistons for a swift but not for a metro and they are wanting like 600 bucks crazy crazy prices what do yall think

First thing welcome to the forum

Second this might hurt a little .......
Do some research read some post here on TS lots of good peeps been there done that
right here learn from there mistakes .. save you money in the long run

Third 6 bones is craze money you could buy a used T3 motor for that money for up north
40 over wont hold these are wet liner engines ... most guy buy vitara piston for $100 a set
...................................jv&s

t3 ragtop wrote:
the 3 banger isn't at all a "grenade." it's a tough little son of a bitch doing a big job. respect it.
suprf1y wrote:
I didn't save anything.Vehicles are to me, like little boys are to Tommy.Toys to be abused for my own personal pleasure.
jrjd wrote:
"Driving a Swift GTi is like driving a bike in your house".

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:06 am 

yea i under stand Ive been doing allot of reading on TS wasn't planing on spending 600 on pistons was looking for other options seeing if i could get some help but only thing is how much boost will those pistons hold im wanting to be able to push 20-25 if i want to but will keep it around 7 all in all i just want to be able to push it a little hard when i feel like it and not have to worried about a melt down just because i didn't put some good quality forged pistons in i know the 3cycl will never compete with the big v8s or anything but i would just like to surprise a few of them ya know :WTF: is that a 3 cylinder ???

BLOWN HEAD BAD TRANS ...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:31 am 

A 3 cylinder may not be able to but if a 4 cylinder can do this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fl7AKAJ ... detailpage, the 3 banger should be able to put in a good showing if you do it right gallery/image_pic.php?album_id=948&image_id=18579 (thanks Richard).

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:15 am 

well ive been doing alot of reading on this fourm and geo metro fourms :study: i know im not gonna get a super fast geo unless i transfer a 4 cylinder in there from a swift or something :thwack: but im not giving up on my 3cylinder :furious: so my quest continues and i will keep yall posted and put pics of what i do to it on this fourm nothings gonna happen any time soon may be a few weeks ahead because i still have alot of reading to do and i plan on doing this right :huh: any comments on where i can find websites to better suit my needs would be a great help also still need a website for those pistons and can i get them in a set of 3 ? for the metro and how much boost do you think they will hold :?: tyty for yalls help and input

BLOWN HEAD BAD TRANS ...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:02 pm 

This is one thread you need to read viewtopic.php?f=32&t=46400

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:13 pm 

yea great fourm ive done read it bout 3 times over lol he is doing awsome on that metro :yeahyeah

BLOWN HEAD BAD TRANS ...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:36 pm 

well i feel like a dummy :oops: i actualy have a 1995 GEO METRO/LSI hatchback what does the LSI stand for ? its for sure throttle body not fuel injected thats a bummer but still will be fun to work on ill post some pictures later on when i can if anyone have any ideals let me know :huh:

BLOWN HEAD BAD TRANS ...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:42 pm 

does anyone know a good place where i can get a exhaust header for this bad boy that i can set up my turbo with responces would be great if anyone is out there :rock:

BLOWN HEAD BAD TRANS ...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:46 pm 

and just FYI i will be posting pics of all the stuff i do to the little geo once i start messing with it still in the process of getting it from previous owner will have it on thursday just seems so far away :silent:

BLOWN HEAD BAD TRANS ...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:35 pm 

well cant wait for my new geo will be here on thursday i have a 1993 con. geo its white but my brother over heated the motor and tore out 5 gear so thats kinda a bummer but im thinking of doing somthing alittle different with that than what u guys normally see :twisted:

BLOWN HEAD BAD TRANS ...