TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:20 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 12:49 am 

Hello, I have an '89 Swift GTi with a IHI RH5B turbo. I just installed a AEM FI/C 6, I wired it completely in and I am unable to start the car with the FIC plugged in. I have been using the Suzuki Swift GTi Service Manual to base my wiring information off of. When I have the jumper cable plugged in the car starts and runs fine. I wired the fic injector inputs to ECU pin C8 and C9 the "injector negative". Then the fic injector outputs 1-4 go to each of the injectors (injector 1 out to inj 1, injector 2 out to inj 2 and so on). I really need help; I have been back and forth with Ed and Henry at the AEM Tech support line. We have been unable to get a injector wiring setup to work. Any help or any experience with the AEM FI/C and a Suzuki Swift GTi would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 8:04 am 

AFAIK you cannot use the FIC with low impedance injectors. the stock ECU uses PWM to limit current. are they aware that the swift uses PWM at AEM tech? I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure you can't use a FIC with PWM because it needs a clean pulse width to read the injection time and alter it

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:26 pm 

i have replaced my injectors with high impadence injectors from RC Engineering (310cc). After talking with the guys at AEM i had tried different wiring configurations with the ECU and FIC. but after a little thought and conversation i am woundering if i add a seporate 12v power supplie to the injectors and then wire the injector negative from the ECU to the FIC then injectors. i am hoping that this may allow the FIC to controll the fueling and help me achive the AFR's i need. Any insight or information on this would be greatly appriciated.
thank you

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:18 pm 

that is exactly how it's supposed to be wired :huh: you don't need a separate 12V, you need to intercept the injector grounds. even then I don't think it'll ever work right.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:13 am 

boostzukiGTi_8 wrote:
i have replaced my injectors with high impadence injectors from RC Engineering (310cc). After talking with the guys at AEM i had tried different wiring configurations with the ECU and FIC. but after a little thought and conversation i am woundering if i add a seporate 12v power supplie to the injectors and then wire the injector negative from the ECU to the FIC then injectors. i am hoping that this may allow the FIC to controll the fueling and help me achive the AFR's i need. Any insight or information on this would be greatly appriciated.
thank you

Hey, did you ever get this issue sorted?