TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:58 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: g13b turbo help please
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:17 am 

im putting vitara pistons in my g13b and i was wondering how much boost they can handle and what kind of power they can make? also which turbo works good for this? can i run the stock rods?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:54 am 

Honda guys run vitaras with 400 odd hp. By the time you get close to the limits of the pistons you will have had to spend big money elsewhere.

Many turbos work well. Plenty on here run various garrett T25 to T28's, also full range of IHI vf series from subarus etc. Other smaller OEM turbos will work and are cheap second hand (eg. TD04 off wrx)

Yes you can run stock rods but only good for low boost setups. Could cryo but for price and effectiveness get some forged rods.

Suggest you do a bit of reading about existing people's turboed cars to get an idea of what will work (do you want low boost 100kW at wheels or 200+kW high boost setup. Requirements are very different). Plenty of cars on here and on http://www.redlinegti.com "In the build" section to base your research on.

P.S. Plan to look at strengthening gearbox or destroy a few if you want a turbo GTi.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:48 pm 

In my opinion i would stick with stock piston so you dont lose the little bottom end power you have. I ran 15psi daily and about 20psi when racing. You will have to run alot more boost to make up for the like 7.2 to 1 compression you will have after the vitara pistons. But thats just my opinion.