TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:31 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:06 am 

I just need to know the websites/companies that other boosted Swifters have used for the above mentioned when it comes to getting what I needed to make the installation quick and smooth.

Does anyone have a list of the type of parts and quantities or sizes or lengths they used because that would be a good step in the right direction.

2006 Scion xB (fun-mobile)
1990/92 Suzuki Swift GTi TURBO (The GTiT)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:49 am 
Suzuki Elder

i like frozenboost for tubing, silicone parts, clamps, intercoolers, etc.
http://www.frozenboost.com/

what you will run into will be that there's not really any "standard" set for the project you want to take on. you have a clean slate to start with and have every option available. you need to get a plan together for your main goals and try to stick to the plan.

it took me 2 years from start to finish and i built some things more than once to get something that i was satisfied with before i moved on to the next task. what i ran into was that there's more than one way to skin a cat and choosing the method that seemed best for me took a lot of planning and list making.

a project like this is custom from the ground up and it will have you making adjustments right up to the moment you actually start bolting parts onto your car. :wink:

i tried to find good local sources for hardware and materials and then started to develop relationships with the guys at the shops. the nuts and bolts sort of things kind of play out as you go along, one thing leading to the next. the big tasks get put onto the list and all the smaller tasks just sort of follow a logical path as you assemble the car.

My Turbo3 Project
My Cardomain Page -Ol' Blue
My YouTube Channel
My Photo Gallery
SAAB Sonett II

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:21 am 

Okay, maybe just one push in the right direction. Where can I get the BSP fitting for sending oil to the turbo?

2006 Scion xB (fun-mobile)
1990/92 Suzuki Swift GTi TURBO (The GTiT)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:40 pm 
Suzuki Elder

i got mine from turbine tech. :wink:

my braided stainless oil supply hose came from jard, too.

My Turbo3 Project
My Cardomain Page -Ol' Blue
My YouTube Channel
My Photo Gallery
SAAB Sonett II