TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:49 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Turbo G13BB HELP!!!!!
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 3:15 pm 

I am new at this turbo business but love every minute of it. I have a 1999 Chevy Metro with the G13BB SOHC 16 valve engine. I have a t28 mounted to a ZAGE manifold, Acura Interga Type-R injectors (270cc), greddy type s blow off valve, ebay 38mm waste gate and 2.5'' exhaust. My problem is I can only run 5 lbs of boost. The computer cut at more than that and gives me an engine code on map sensor voltage to high. I am looking for a cheep way to fix this issue. I have put a couple of different map sensors on and can't find on that will work. One of these days I will go Megasquirt, but can't afford it yet. I do have enough fuel and don't knock ( no knock sensor), it has to be the map sensor. Please help. There is no one around here that knows anything about this Suzuki engine. Thank you reading.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:46 pm 

Hi there,

what are you using to actually add more fuel? I have a G13BB engine turbocharged as well and I used an AEM F/IC to use it's MAP sensor to add more fuel to the stock map between 0-9psi. Also used it to pull the timing back a bit when it comes into boost. The stock computer throws the check engine light for high voltage on map but it has never affected the performance.

One issue I can think of is if your adding fuel pressure or bigger injectors to get more fuel the stock computer will just pull the injector duration to not run rich off of boost. A great cheap way to add more fuel is a 5th injector with a simple controller to simply add more fuel when it detects 0+ psi of boost. I found one on ebay for my next project and it just tunes with 2 knobs (trigger point + gain.)

The one I got off e-bay was an earlier revision of this http://www.sdsefi.com/

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 4:21 pm 

At idle, fuel is optimal. At 1 pound boost, the computer adjusts to rich. I have taken the map and used a brake booster vacuum valve to blow off the extra boost but still show vacuum. I have been able to get to 9 psi boost. Any more the car starts to stumble. I can't afford a stand alone and don't know about any other options.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 12:07 pm 

Sounds like a MAP clamp would work for you..... limits the voltage before the ECU freaks out.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 2:23 pm 

airwerks wrote:
Sounds like a MAP clamp would work for you..... limits the voltage before the ECU freaks out.

This.

Used to be common in the srt4 world. Not sure if it still is

too many others to list

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 11:49 am 

Map clamp how to:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/132/aobeqh5.jpg/

14 ford Mustang v6.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 1:42 am 

Thank you for your information. This has been helpful. What about transmission upgrades? I have the a210 3 speed automatic. I have used the metro and swift tranny (exploded diff ring gear). Any ideas to make it shift quicker and up the pressures in the clutch packs? I have the valve body out of the swift tranny so I can play.