TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:48 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:52 am 

hi guys i just install a Garrett turbo on my suzuki swift 1.3 M13A with boost restricted to .45bar it is working fine but still getting some issues. After some acceleration on idle (above 3000rpm) and on release the engine shut off but no error on ECU. as if the MAF reading negative no so sure. The second problem is when driving on boost, the ECU reading a P0108 error "Manifold Absolute Pressure/Barometric Pressure Circuit High". and another error is the EGR... cause i block the circuit with my turbo manifold and dont know how to bypass it. Anyone had this experience..please if you can share and help. i thank you a lot. I'll post photos soon...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:06 pm 

Is your maf before or after turbo. And of course map sensor will be "high" its under boost now. Stock doesn't like more than .25 bar. Do you have a bov? If so, does it recirculate or does it vent to atmosphere?

14 ford Mustang v6.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:35 pm 

the MAF is before turbo..but someone ask me to try after the turbo ..between the intake and the BOV .!!?..and well actually the BOV vent to the atmosphere ! will a FCD control the MAP ?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:47 pm 
Suzuki Elder

in general, the maf meters air into the system and when you vent the bov to atmosphere you are releasing air which has already been metered which throws off the injection calculation.

it's best to recirculate the air vented from the bov back into the closed system after the maf and before the turbo inlet.

the maf is okay in it's location before the turbo. as it is a closed system, all the inducted air is being metered as it is now. the maf is probably safer in it's current location than it would be if it were mounted after the turbo.

this is just general information. the suzuki engines we deal with are the older g13b dohc 16 valve type. if i'm not mistaken, the m13 would be the current generation engine as found in the new type suzuki swifts that the rest of the world can own. in the north american market we didn't get that new model.

My Turbo3 Project
My Cardomain Page -Ol' Blue
My YouTube Channel
My Photo Gallery
SAAB Sonett II

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:33 am 

Many thanks for your advise @t3 ragtop and @sledgehammer... but someone can explain to me how can i control the MAP so that the CEL does not light error ?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:12 am 

14 ford Mustang v6.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:45 am 

this is great ! i'll find this item.. but i got a Fuel Cut Defender (FCD) which usually connect to the map ! does it does the same thing ? many thanks anyway.. well i got a last problem : EGR how can i bypass it on my swift m13a without the CEL goes on ?