TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:47 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:32 pm 

Hello everyone,
I am working on a very interesting project where I am using a G13BB engine as the power plant. My goal is to have this little engine produce me 150hp constant and 200hp at 6,500rpm for short periods of time. Is this engine capable of producing this kind of power with the right turbocharged set up? I mentioned 6,500rpm because I am trying to keep its reliability stable. I don’t wish to start slinging the engine to speeds where it could float a valve or some other unfortunate instance. I do understand that all engines have their limits and knowing such, I would not be surprised if someone told me that this HP requirement I am giving is unreasonable. My belief is that it is possible as long as the tune is spot on. I plan to try my best to keep the engine stock with a built bottom end (by this I mean a stock crank with forged pistons and rods).

If you folks need more information to help make better informed input, then let me know so you guys can better help me with this :).

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:46 pm 

Instead of building a bottom end for the G13BB, why don't you use the G13B engine from the swift GTi model? It's a tougher engine and those HP numbers are easy to achieve without even touching the internals.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:55 pm 

I had not considered it because I am unfamiliar with these engines. I had purchased this G13BB because of its very appealing low weight. are the intake and exhaust ports the same for this GTi engine you speak of? I ask because I feel it would be a shame to have to back track so much of my work to try to accommodate a possible difference between intake and exhaust ports that may be found on this other engine? I have already made a custom intake system for the G13BB and I had already invested in the exhaust system as well. Now, if the intake and exhaust ports are indeed interchangeable with the manifolds, then it sounds like a win win situation. Are those GTi engines available in the USA?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:45 pm 

Or perhaps a better question to ask is if it would be cost effective to go with a different engine compared to what it would cost to have G13BB pistons and rods installed to handle the power I require?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:37 pm 

Well if you can get the internals of a g13b you are better off. I have seen some soch 1.3 making above 150 hp on a superchager. But you can find all that info here.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:49 am 

Question is how long shall it run @150HP?