TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:49 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: 1999 geo metro turbo
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:57 pm 

Hi i have a geo metro which is the jelly bean generation with the g10 1L 3 cyl and I see very few of this style turbo charged. I would like to turbo mine but was wondering if I would have to go about some things differently because it's a different gen of geo. Correct me if im wrong but aren't the motors the same from the gen before. My budget would be around $1500 for a turbo set up but the cheaper the better. I have a small saab intercooler i could buy locally, and is there any kind of turbo i could find in a junkyard I could use? Im looking to run 4-5 psi boost max so there car has a little bit more get up and go. I noticed one guy was using pvc piping for the intercooler piping im assuming i could use this on a low boost build like mine. Also I was wondering if there is any where you can buy a pressure hat for the T.B.I? If no where sells them my buddy owns a welding and machine shop to get one made but have no clue on how to make one. For the manifold im probably going to buy a just the flange for the turbo and weld up my own turbo mani. Also I plan on just buying a cheap ebay BOV. Also how well will the stock fuel pump hold up. Is there any ways to feed this thing more fuel and timing without breaking the bank too. I already own a wideband afr gauge i could use too. Thanks