TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:20 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 12:01 am 

bummer dude

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:23 am 

So what happened ? What's the end of the story ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:18 pm 

wow, i can't believe people remember this topic. alot has happened to the car but at the same time its gone no where. here is the story in a nut shell.

i ended up sewing the garage that screwed it up the first time and won the battle. After that i got a complete new turbo block from from Turbine Tech. I dropped the car off at a garage in Georgia to get the blocks switched out. When i went to pick up the car it died on me and started smoking. it wouldn't start or anything. oil was seeping out of the turbo. So i had the car towed to a well known garage in the area. They started working on it and called me up to pick up the car. when i went to pick up the car it wouldn't get above 40mph. the garage looked at the car again and said the turbo was shot. so here i am today. All the car needs is a new turbo manifold, turbo, & downpipe. And i'm already a good $5k in the hole because of this entire process. Thats just from paying different garages and etc. thats not to mention what kind of cash i've put into the car since i've had it. I think i'm going to end up selling the car and cut my losses. its becoming a bottumless money pit more than anything. its also a pain in the ass cause i'm having to pay storage fees to keep the car at the garage, i don't have anything to tow it with or store it once it leaves the garage cause it doesn't run.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:36 pm 

Jeez man, sorry to hear that. I like your car and its really sad that this is happening to you.... Source a hundred gallons of this stuff.... and get an immersion bath on it. You could also wash your car with it, just in case :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:18 pm 

Why does it need a new manifold and downpipe? Can't you just replace the turbo and be done with it. A new turbo would cost 2 or 3 hundred and you could bolt it on yourself within a few hours. Or tell me what turbo you are running and I may have one that will work on can get one for you really cheap.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:12 pm 

The car had a K28 at first and it blew up when the block went out. So the secound garage threw a really crappy rebuilt SR20DET stock turbo on there and butchered the manifold. Now the SR20DET is all in pieces cause it was basically worthless. So a new turbo, downpipe, turbo manifold, and tuning will put the car on the road. Its just a big headache. I asked around about new parts and etc. and i'm lookin at about $1,000. Which is a lot more than i can spend on this project. plus, i'm not sure what turbo to go with for my car's application. it just bothers me cause every time i think the car is done and etc. i run into another problem and every new problem means a lot more money. Its so close to being done but yet so far away...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:43 pm 

not trying to cut or anything, but if u didnt know what was going on completely and able to do some of the more simple things involved with this, you should have considered the problems you could run into, and you should know what you have and what is compatible and such.....

sry, just my $.02

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:18 pm 

just a lil update...

My car is running strong! Turbo is so much fun! I just drove the car on a 6 hour drive back from the garage earlier in the week. I didn't run into a single problem. The garage started to dyno the car and when they hit 170whp my clutch started slipping. I'm at 8 psi right now at 165whp. After a Stage 3 clutch i think i'll go up to about 190whp. Then at that mark it'll be time to upgrade the turbo. This car is so much fun to drive though!!

BIG THANKS TO:

Turbine Tech
-TurbineTech.ca

&

Batl Ground
-BatlGround.com

~ccRacer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:15 pm 

Congrats on getting running strong! :D Glad to see you didn't give up and got it done. Now you just need to post some pics so we can see what all the hard work looks like.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:30 pm 

Great !!! Post vids asap !

BTW, I have been contacted by Dan from Batlground. Are you finally going to MS your car ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:03 pm 

we haven't decided on what Engine Management to go with yet. I leave for Iraq for 9 months so we won't be doing anything until i get back. i'll get some pics & vids up later this week. I just can't wait until i get that clutch replaced cause my car was still pulling strong before the clutch started slipping.

ccRacer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:28 pm 

Congrats! Glad to see you kept that beautiful car. That car is one of the main reasons I fell in love with these things. If it is running great and pulls hard I would just replace the clutch and drive it like it is around that 200whp mark. If you go to megasquirt you should be able to squeeze every last ounce of hp out of it and man will that be one sweet car! Looks and personality! :D Cograts again, and good luck in Iraq, are thoughts are with you. Be safe :salute:

Currently driving a 1996 Geo Metro 1.0L
Mods coming...............