TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:54 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: ???? swap gurus
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 7:03 am 

have anyone put a civic d series motor in the swift or metro? i work on hondas all day and have a few d series motor laying around. is the shift linkage on the swift cable or rod actuated? what axles? can i use integra hubs on a swift. i just bought a 95 metro for a toy track car to play with and need more power.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:19 pm 
El Pimpo del Geo

read my signature i think itll give u my awnser :lol: and i dont think the integra hubs will fit i think there too big.

rip my poor baby :( sept 1994-apr 2008
91 sidekick, 4x4 2" lift 30" swampers, winch,
to come ..... performance bits.... body lift, custom bumpers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:28 pm 

I think the Honda D series is a bad choice for an engine swap. It's just not a very good engine in any way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:52 pm 

blah blah blah Honda is fucking good motors if you want swap that let go men GOOD CHOICE! Suzuki rock! Honda rock! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:36 pm 
The mad quebecer
The mad quebecer

Ptit-BoB wrote:
blah blah blah Honda is fucking good motors if you want swap that let go men GOOD CHOICE! Suzuki rock! Honda rock! 8)

The D series motors are junk. I've seen way too many of them faill from deffect/faulty parts. Those motors are the perfect canditate if you want to stick yourself a broken rod in the guts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:41 am 

Honda motors aren't that bad overall, but they're terrible swap candidates unless you have a complete front clip because you can only use them with a Honda gearbox and accessories. The reason for that is that these motors are, how can I put this... GAY.
That's right, they are gay, they are completely backwards and wrong and god hates them. They rotate counterclockwise whereas every car ever made that is not a Honda has had the engine rotate clockwise.
Not bad motors, just gay.
Except the D series, they are bad and gay.
I've heard that their latest motors rotate clockwise, which is good news.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:47 pm 

Pontiac Firefly 1991 D16a6 Swap
I had several Honda and to afflict but D are strong!One of my friends led to it his D16a6 75hp Wet nitrous during 2 summer without anything broker!En more several cut off! Another others which installed turbo setup on D16z6 sohc vtec more or less200 HP with the engine still it without anything broken!Anyway each one believes in that it seems right and thus goes the life :razz:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 9:26 am 

Now that's a clean looking swap - you could mistake it for a factory install ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 9:29 am 
The mad quebecer
The mad quebecer

Yeah, I do believe in miracles also.

I have a local who run 12 psi in his D serie motor. He wen through 2 engines in 2 years. Both engine destroyed themselves with a broken rod.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:20 am 
2" weiner

God bless the gay (baldurg) Honda engines...gives us something (of bigger displacement) to compete with :lol:
D seres aint bad..good source of pistons, and a crank for that stronger g16 bottom end :D
Organ donors are good things..just dont try to replace th whole heart...it removes THE SOUL :razz:

Quote:
baldurg 'That's right, they are gay, they are completely backwards and wrong and god hates them'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:35 am 

IMO an engine swap isn't worth thinking about unless the engine going in has twice the power potential of the old one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:27 am 

Honda's are seriously gay, unless its a K motor mmm... k20mmmm...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:18 am 

God forbid! Something different!

No motor is the-end-all-be-all-of human existence. And most motors are pretty equal all around to their contemporaries. There are certainly stand out examples in both directions(good and bad), and some motors are better in certain ways, but saying the D-series is crap is just ignorant. Is it going to make eleventy-billion HP? No, is the G13? No. Are they good, solid motors that are built to be reliable in what are basically just econoboxes. Yes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:44 am 

fordem wrote:
you could mistake it for a factory install ;)

I don't think so thats a Honda motor in a Pontiac. :lol:

Kinda off topic :lol:

You know as much as I would love to turbo a 1.3 Dohc or do some kind of motor swap into my car and just have all kinds of HP and torque, I then step back and ask myself why. I built my metro with a 1.3 GT motor because I wanted a quick little car that could put a smile on your face but still get good enough gas mileage to drive every day. Now nobody except some of the Honda guys respect my little car. (mostly stock) Now having said that almost every V8 sports car that pulls up next to me hears the euro sounding exhaust and instantly wants to race. I'm smart enough to know that my car won't out run 90 % of them. However they might laugh at me driving down the road in a "souped up" Geo I laugh at them when they fill up their gas tank when the get into town and then fill it up again when they head for home. Thats kinda like my cousin he is building a 79 Camaro, the shop figures about 400-450 HP when the motor is done. Ok great he has a shit load of Hp and torque but with gas at 3.26 a gallon for premium (he has to run it, High compresion) just how often do you think he is gonna drive it? He always reminds me that his car will leave mine setting in the dust and I always remind him that I can afford to drive mine. :lol:

If you want a race car build a race car, if you want a daily driver drop in a 1.3 Dohc leave it NA, maybe do a few mods but otherwise leave it alone, hell bolt a vert tranny upto it that makes one hell of a difference.

Just my 2 cents