TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:44 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:50 pm 

Hello, I'm doing a Sidekick G16B SOHC swap with 4 sp auto into my samurai. I'm glad I found this forum as I will be needing help with turboing it later on. In the mean time I thought I'd post the pics from the porting and polishing I'm doing on the head to see what you Suk performance head thought about it. After I'm done its going to get a 3 angle valve job and level then Ill cc everything and finish matching everything. I've got brand new everything basically for the rebuild though I went with new oem pistons and rods, later on I'll swap them out if needed.

Exhaust Ports
Exhaust Runners

Intake ports
Intake Runners

For those interested in the rest of the frame up rebuild heres the link
http://bbs.zuwharrie.com/content/topic,53443.0.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:10 pm 

Be sure to check your valve guides really close...you'll be changing some i'm sure...as the pictures show some damage...one cracked.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:22 pm 

I opted against doing major port work on my head because I don't have a flowbench set up. So I just ported out the neck of the ports just below the valve seat, smoothing the transition between the seat insert and the port, I also removed the ridges around the valves in the combustion chamber.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:08 pm 

baldurg wrote:
I opted against doing major port work on my head because I don't have a flowbench set up. So I just ported out the neck of the ports just below the valve seat, smoothing the transition between the seat insert and the port, I also removed the ridges around the valves in the combustion chamber.

Thats basically what I did on this went a little father but not much. And yes I have a brand new set of guides to go in

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:51 pm 

haha....i am over here gathering info for my Sammi. I am getting away from the SOHC though...

Did you port match it to the manifold? You going to clean up your IM any...i would assume yes.

Razor, if you ever have any turbo questions..PM me on here or the Zu. I do allot of work on turbo cars.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:02 pm 

Ok thanks .. I haven't matched the mani yet and honestly they match up almost perfctly stock. I'm not planning on doing the turbo setup till after the wheeling seasons over anyway since itll take a while to get the money and the parts together then next winter I'll complete the intake mods, probably going to swap a swift mfi plenum on so they tb wil be on the front to easy intercooler plumbing and I'll have to build a collector for it too not o mention the larger injectors msd 6 off-road and mega squirt 2 so its a ways off. However since thats what I plan to do I wanted to go ahead and port and polish for a turbo now while its off and before I have my valve job done. Stich I'l definatly keep up with you on Zu. Right now i need to get the thing finished and running again anyway.[/code]