TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:09 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Sentra + Fly = FrakenFLY
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:38 pm 

Ok well lots of stuff has happened lately. Life hasn't been going great and I need a pick me up. I have been meaning to start fixing up my car but money has been tight. I am about to start a new job and I will pay off my folks. and then work into something new. My car has had a few good issues lately so I'd like to avoid spending lots of money on it and just build myself a project car while saving for a new-used car. I know project cars can be expensive but I will try and keep it cheap.
I have a project that is cheap since my buddy owns one of the cars and I might be grabbing anotherone for a good price. I would like to take the motor from a 1996 Nissan Sentra (base) sedan and drop it into a 1996 Firefly. Can this be done? I mean room wise. fitting it will take time, I just want to know if it is possible.

Details:

SENTRA
1.6 DOHC now at 202,000KMS (I will rebuild if needed but compression seems fine)

FIREFLY
1995-1997
everything will be stripped and rebuilt for durability. Will be used for fun summer driving.

Thanks guys

Sadly enough, stock for now

Sorry if there are any spelling mistakes.
I try to spell check all posts, but I am not a dictionary.
If you must comment on my grammar, ensure that you are perfect, and then do so politely.
Cette façon la vous ne détachez pas comme un espèce de connard. Thank you

Last edited by hussey_graham on Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:47 pm 

our engine bays are tiny, i measured my buddies f22 when he pulled it outa his car to see if it would fit, he figured he would probably need to tilt the engine forward quite a bit and it still whould just fit.
i cant remember if it whould even fit bettween the frame rails.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:08 am 

Anything can be done, it's just expensive. If you're trying to save money, this is the worst idea you've ever had.

Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be the name of a convenience store, not a government agency

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:47 am 

I am not taking anything to a shop. I will be doing it all between myself, a few friends and my mechanic friends. I know so many people who have spent thousands on there cars and then thousdands more in speading tickets. I am not like that. This car will be something I'll work on for a year or so, but I wan't sure if I'd have to emtpy my pockets to do it. Thanks then

Sadly enough, stock for now

Sorry if there are any spelling mistakes.
I try to spell check all posts, but I am not a dictionary.
If you must comment on my grammar, ensure that you are perfect, and then do so politely.
Cette façon la vous ne détachez pas comme un espèce de connard. Thank you