TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:48 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:37 am 

Hello All

Please inform me about that can i use D16 Crank and D16 Forged Rods in making a Strong g16 End supporting 400hp with high revs

Your kind advices are highly appericated

Thanks in advance

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:43 am 
Sad but True...

you'll be paying a machine shop. but yes you could. it's not as easy as yes or no though. I hope u know what your asking is not 'plug n play'

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:49 am 

It's a difficult swap. (1)The D16 has larger main journals. That must be corrected by either Line-boring the block, or grinding the crank to a smaller size...probably best to do the block.
(2)The D16 has the thrust surface on the center main, rather than #4 of the suzuki...that calls for some creative rework to correct. I used thrust bearings on the center main cap, with a girdle to hold the cap against deflection.(3) the D16 crank has the oil holes in the rod journal on the wrong side for the rotation of the crank...again, needs a creative rework. I welded and redrilled mine...but it's not simple work.(4) the crank flange is the wrong size for the rear main seal, as well as for flywheel fit. I welded my original D16 flywheel mounting holes closed, then machined and ground the flange to match the Suzuki one, redrilled...huge work.

You have to start with the proper D16 crank, so that some simple machining on the front will get your oil pump and balancer/pulley in place correctly. Then use aftermarket Honda rods, and the piston of your choice. I used Honda JE pistons, and H-beam rods.

Have deep pockets when you see your machinist!

Darcy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:32 am 

Mr.Pipe wrote:
It's a difficult swap. (1)The D16 has larger main journals. That must be corrected by either Line-boring the block, or grinding the crank to a smaller size...probably best to do the block.
(2)The D16 has the thrust surface on the center main, rather than #4 of the suzuki...that calls for some creative rework to correct. I used thrust bearings on the center main cap, with a girdle to hold the cap against deflection.(3) the D16 crank has the oil holes in the rod journal on the wrong side for the rotation of the crank...again, needs a creative rework. I welded and redrilled mine...but it's not simple work.(4) the crank flange is the wrong size for the rear main seal, as well as for flywheel fit. I welded my original D16 flywheel mounting holes closed, then machined and ground the flange to match the Suzuki one, redrilled...huge work.

You have to start with the proper D16 crank, so that some simple machining on the front will get your oil pump and balancer/pulley in place correctly. Then use aftermarket Honda rods, and the piston of your choice. I used Honda JE pistons, and H-beam rods.

Have deep pockets when you see your machinist!

Darcy

Thanks for your responses you mean its difficult but not impossible and could you please give a picture summary of this is possible i will be very much thankfull

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:29 pm 
King of Pompous

addzub wrote:
could you please give a picture summary of this

Attachments:
$$$.jpg [31.27 KIB]
Downloaded 1407 times

FAKE FRIENDS: Never ask for food.
REAL FRIENDS: Is the reason you have no food.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:16 pm 

Good one...and so close to correct too!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:36 am 

since the stroke of the G16 is the same as the B20 i was wondering has anyone ever tried of fitting the conrods of that engine into the G16...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:06 am 

I know few peoples here are done this project but they dont want to share this here

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:17 am 

greetings. im claude and this is my swift, im from jamaica and my intention is to make good reliable power.
engine
from front
back
interior
this should clear up most of the questions that ppl will ask regarding what im starting wt.
my intention is to start off wt the g15 SOHC head and at a later time fully work the g15 bottom half and installing, unless i find it feasible 2 go j20, thats another topic all together.
existing is a carb SOHC 8 valve g13ba

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:23 am 

im presently undergoing intensive restoration work because i had a fender bender (i wasnt driving) and it had a couple spots. now back to the topic.
ive heard of the crank swap, if it can work it would provide me wt a stronger bottom end where i can make even more boosted power. so if anybody have info, pls, id really appreciate it.
if posting it publicly is an issue, a personal message is fine. if i get it working, i dont mind making a full documentation wt lots of pics. thanks, claude B.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:06 am 

Hello come on all

Where all are you? :lol: