TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:13 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:21 am 

I there ,I'm Rui, I'm Portuguese But working in Switzerland, and i have 2 Swift Gti's Mk2 and i'm researching some info to make a project of a hybrid engine with the 1.6 Block and the G13b head but for now i want to stay NA, i have been reading some things and i have some questions and some doubts that i would be really grateful if u could help me (and Don't say right now that this block is no good for NA but only for turbo i want to turbo it but in the future)ยจ!

So right know i have swift Gti ready to be a lab Rat(lol but i don't want to kill him because i love him as you love yours) I have a G16A Block that cammed from a Vitara 16v from a friend, and what i want to do is get some rods better than those that come with the G16(Help me with the choice), i already know about the 60mm TB from the Nissan but in Portugal is really hard to get but i have knowledge that the honda vti 60mm can also be used in that process but require some mod(if u have the knowledge to do that please help me out) i will make the pipes at 60mm also and the intake Header bore to 60 but have some doubt about the MAF! i'm thinking to go to a friend as he owns a mechanical locks and make a new MAF with the inside of 60mm(would that work?)! the G13B head will also be Softly P&P only taking the rough parts nothing extreme, and also some cams that will came from Catcams REF.6700604.
And also i need your help also for another thing to raise the CR what will be the best pistons to use(don't want forged,forged will be for the turbo project) i'm thinking on honda D series pistons but don't know what i should choose, and after that i will remap the chip in a friends house(stand alone ecu will come later from adaptronic, but i still have to make money for that)!

So what is your opinion for that or suggest better opinion as i'm still researching and i i'm going to do the project in Portugal so only in December when i get my holidays!
So Thanks a lot guys! :mrgreen:

Post subject: .
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:59 pm 

hum...Does anybody can help me or at least say if i'm right or wrong!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:19 am 

What i would say to do is not even worry about taking the time and money to bore your maf and just go megasquirt and run a map sensor. That will get rid of the restriction all together. You would have to use a calculator to find the right pistons for what ever compression you want. I put rods from a different motor in my 1.6 for strength but otherwise rods will be expensive. HOpe it helps. Stephen

I would say the p26 pistons should be a good start though.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:58 am 

hi stephennmm thanx a lot for your answer, i have been reading a lot about the MS standalone and i was thinking about to use i have read the carlos page about it but my doubt is were can i buy it in the Europe because if have to import it from the states the bastards in Portugal they put almost 30% of taxes.
I want to have a cr around 11.5:1 to 12.5:1 so for example if i use D16Z6 pistons what CR should i expect i don't want to go for forged right now because the lack of money! but any suggestion will be taken care because i want some real funny engine and that look like outside as the original one because of the cops!ha and one more thing can i know from what engine cammed your rods?Thank a lot