TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:46 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:37 am 

I guys.

New to board. Been searchin samurai forums etc with no success, so I thought I would ask the experts. I know the 8 valve is a little low tech for most of you, but I figured it was worth a try. I have a Samurai rock crawler w a 1.6 8 valve out of a 89 Sidekick. It is running on a propane kit. I am rebuilding engine and want to run high compression (12:1). I have been searching around with no luck so far. Any help or ideas would be appreciated. I have a thorley header and Isky torqer cam. Hoping w a boost in compression to have around 100 hp without revving engine too much. mostly looking for good tq with stong midrange power. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. :mrgreen:

Thanks
Jason M

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:21 pm 

use a calculator for cr and look at honda d16 pistons. p26 p28 those are the 2 main i can remember off hand most likely the p28. But you have to plug the numbers in on your setup to be sure. Hope it helps Thanks Stephen

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:51 pm 

Thanks Stephen. Hadn't though of that. I'll look into those. The machine shop im using does alot of honda stuff. I'll see what they can match up for me. When I find out exactly what fits I'll post it.