TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:54 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 1:51 am 

What do you guys think...Should i go with gsxr 600 or 750 throttle bodies?
The 600's are 36mm i believe and the 750's are 42mm. everyone's best opinions are needed. anyone who is running an itb or quad carb setup could you provide your specs...i've searched the entire board, but no clear answer to my question.

Thanks...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 4:13 am 

Hmmm, look at it this way, compare your quad TB overall intake area against a single TB. The easy answer is this,

The equivalent single TB intake area of a quad TB is 2 X the diameter of one of its ports.

ie 36mm 600R TB's is equivalent to a 72mm single TB.

Its also more about the effect of the plenum tubes and that is not an exact science as it depends on Ve (Volumetric efficiency)and other modifications that have been done to the head.
Searches will not come up with any exact answers as there is no "exact" answer. It is a lot of trial and error.

If you want to know more, subscribe to this. http://www.eng-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=93258

this is a forum with guru's on board.

Too much for me... (btw, I have bought a set of 600R quads and after the interminable wait for shipping, I'll tell you how it pans out...)

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.HP is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how much you push the wall out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:43 pm 

I bought GSX-R 750 with diameter 42 mm

Lander

Post subject: 40 mm
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:59 pm 
Teamswift Racer

I have a set of 40mm ITB's I will be running.

Post subject: .....
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:27 pm 

Since TB's (not carbs) have no chokes, 36mm or bigger will be fine, A GTi port is about equal to a 36mm hole. My carbs (not TB's) are 40mm CV bike carbs from an R1 - you will certainly find this info elsewhere. GMC is running 36mm race carbs, also to be found elsewhere. Best thing about the CV carbs is that they have a constantly variable choke, meaning it adjusts itself to engine requirements, giving a broader spread of torque and more immediate low-down response.

A lot of the issue with the 36mm bike carbs is not the amount of air they can flow, but rather the fuel bowl size and/or the amount of fuel they flow.

Post subject: Re: .....
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 5:56 am 

OzMidnight wrote:
Since TB's (not carbs) have no chokes, 36mm or bigger will be fine, A GTi port is about equal to a 36mm hole. My carbs (not TB's) are 40mm CV bike carbs from an R1 - you will certainly find this info elsewhere. GMC is running 36mm race carbs, also to be found elsewhere. Best thing about the CV carbs is that they have a constantly variable choke, meaning it adjusts itself to engine requirements, giving a broader spread of torque and more immediate low-down response.

A lot of the issue with the 36mm bike carbs is not the amount of air they can flow, but rather the fuel bowl size and/or the amount of fuel they flow.

Hallo
Please, when you writed detail description of installing and setting your carbs? I have also on the way R1 carbs so I will be able to decide which way to go, ITB or carbs.
Lander

Post subject: carbs
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 10:29 am 
Teamswift Racer

hey lander

email "poruki" here on the forum. he has a set of bike carbs mounted on swift manifold with filters. he is gonna be selling them.

Post subject: Re: carbs
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:34 pm 

Murr wrote:
hey lander

email "poruki" here on the forum. he has a set of bike carbs mounted on swift manifold with filters. he is gonna be selling them.

Sorry, I am not going to buy them because I have set of R1 2000 carbs on the way.

Lander

Post subject: .....
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 6:35 pm 

Have a look in my personal gallery for pics. Also, in this same section, under 2000 R1 carbs.