TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:41 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: How to attach tps?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 3:24 pm 

I am working on putting ITB setup on my swift gt and can't figure out hot to attach the TPS. Can anybody help me?

The Throttle bodies are off of a suzuki gsx-r 750.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 3:37 pm 

you need to mod something at the end of the shaft. the quads I got already had a TPS on it for the bike... it was a matter of checking the resistance range and rewiring. your tps will need a bracket modded to teh end of the throttle linkage assy to both mount and enable it to be turned. good luck....

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.HP is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how much you push the wall out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 3:44 pm 

my bike ITB's also had the tps attached from the bike. So what your saying I can use the bike one and it will work?

Post subject: tps
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 5:53 pm 

I have mounted the suzuki swift tps on a set of gsxr 750 ITB's. i'll see if i can take some pictures for you. it not hard to do, i just had to think about it for a while and finally i had came up with a design that works. you cannot use the gsxr tps...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:48 pm 

Thanks man that would help out alot. Also are you running some sort of trumpet amd if so where did you get them. And there are two butterflies and the tb's do I remove the top one? Thanks for the help.

Post subject: Re: tps
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:16 pm 

swifty92 wrote:
you cannot use the gsxr tps...

really?? :shock: , larger resistance scale but that means it hits what is sensed as wot sooner. The only difference is there is one wire that is attached to a switch that is only active at fully closed or idle. this can be done with a microswitch.

for those that do not know, the Nissan TPS can also be used. it also has the benefit of having two wires that are switched at both idle and WOT

fwiw.....

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.HP is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how much you push the wall out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:47 pm 

Ellpee can you explain more of what you are talking about. I am a complete idiot when it comes to wires. I can understand better with pics. Thanks for the help guys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:55 am 

Difficult to do without the actual TPS. We set this up on an offroader that uses a cultus engine and Link engine management.

I kinda winged it. we measured the outputs of the standard tps. Worked out what pins did what and replicated it on the gsxr tps.

Let me think about it for a while, I'll smack something together to explain better. THe off roader is not in our city anymore, it went north.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 9:00 pm 

Hey swifty92 did you get a chance to snap some pics yet?

And Ellpee thanks for the help but I would rather not mess with any wiring. Any suggestions on how to mount the stock gt TPS?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 10:31 pm 

Mount a bracket off your manifold to support the TPS's two screws and hence the TPS. Tap into the end of your butterfuly shaft - unless you already have a tps drive area there for the GSXR TPS such as a machined flat - and mount a link from there to the Suzuki TPS. Don't tap into the TB's for your TPS mounting bracket unless you are sure of where you are drilling into. If you have a lfat on the butterfly shaft...then an"overshaft" held with a loctited grubscrew can be used to drive your Suzuki TPS.