TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:57 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 4:35 pm 

I have just installed a quad carb set-up in my 1992 ssgti. I had to change the wiring harness and computer to the computer that was supplied to me. Now that everything is installed i am getting no spark at the coil. I have power at the distributor and power to the coil. BUt i am getting no spark. ANybody have anybody have any ideas as to why i am getting no spark??? <p>Chillin Like a Villan</p><i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 11:49 am 
Listen I did a carb conversion too!!<br>What have you done exactly!!<br>I need to know maybe I can help you out!!<br>Because if you just took your injectors away and put the carbs with a FPR should be running well <p></p><i></i>

Post subject: wiring.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 12:05 am 

hi lulyrast.<br>i changed the wiring harness and the computer to the one that jardamuth supplied in the kit. which i am told is out of an 89 - 91 swift T.B.I<br><br>i have installed the carb set-up on my car now, i have power to everything in my car. the fuel pump is working, engine turns over, lights are working in the car and outside the car, computer is working and it is sending a code that says map sensor problem, but with carb set-up we shouldn't need a m.a.p. sensor. i am thinking possibly this could be a problem but not likely.<br><br>the wire colors that go to my coil are as follows black/white, brown/white. <br>ignition power mod wires are as follows black, brown/yellow and solid brown<br>distributor wires are as follows black/white and brown/white<br><br>now is there a special way of wiring in a different ignition coil into our cars. i have been told there is. if so do you know how to wire them.<br><br>i have been working on this 1 problem for about 4 or 5 days now and still can't figure it out.<br><br>please help anyone <p></p><i></i>