TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:01 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: motor setup's..
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 12:15 am 

Ok guy's I don't own a swift but I am building a motor for my suzuki samuri (I am into 4wheeling) i think it is cool what all you guys do with the swifts, and I know a fair amount about them from this board..

So I am going to be building a motor for my rig, I already have dual 40mm mikuni's with the manifold for an 8v head, and I am gonna be picking up a complete swift motor (dual cam) it just does not have the computer or wiring.. And I do not want to deal with the wiring anyways. it has a complete rebuild with low miles on it.

So I was wondering what it would entail to run the complete motor (head and block) with my dual carbs. The motor will bolt directly to my tranny, and my fire wall needs a BFH (big fucking hammer) to get the dist. to clear. So that stuff is all taken care of.

Now does the swift have a mecanical fuel pump stock on it? I have a low presure pump (airtex) on mine right now, is the fuel pump connected to head like on the 8v, so would I need to make a block off plate? I know that I would also be getting a fuel pressure reg..

Will the 8v dist. work with the 16v? or what would you do about that (guys running carbs on 16v)??

I was also looking at getting the malory hy-fire (with digital rev control) ignition.

if I am thinking right I would not need the computer or wiring correct?

Anything that I am overlooking? How much power would I expect from this setup??

My other option is a custom 8v head with 1.6 exaust vavles installed and a cam, decked 20 thou..But that would not compete with the dual cam setup..

Oh ya were could I get a manifold to run the dual carbs off the 16v head?

I really hope that you guys would help me out because some of you have done the dual carbs on the 16v and I want to do this, but just need a reality check and see what I am missing or what else would need to be done..

I really appreciate your time!

Later, Scott

Post subject: .....
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 6:14 pm 

You can get 90 degree distributor drives for your engine to avoid the firewall work. Suzisport Stafford here in Oz has done a fair bit with your setup.